“Surprising”

Girl and the Goose Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 2,757 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Based on the outside you would give this a miss and you would be making a mistake. Behind a small narrow facade lies a super first floor (and second when busy) restaurant. Good quality food, attentive friendly staff and surprisingly for Dublin not bad value.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

A group of 13 of us went for an early bird dinner. Almost all of us went for the three course option. Even though the restaurant was quiet (Tuesday after bank holiday) the layout of the restaurant worked very well to a cosy feel. I loved the slightly quirky decor. And now to the food. Between us all we selected most options available on the menu. It was all beautifully presented and delicious. I had the liver parfait which came with proper sour dough toast. The flavour and texture were second to none. This was followed by salmon stuffed with a mixture that was delicate enough not to overpower the flavour of the salmon. And finally dessert. I had the Apple gallette and I got to taste the rhubarb and strawberry crumble. I am actually going to have to go back and have a whole crumble to myself, it was so good. And my final observation s that the staff were super. They were efficient, friendly and did not stand at the end of the table calling out 'who's for the...'. A fab experience.

2  Thank Mandy S
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I enjoyed a lovely lunch at this charming cafe in Ballsbridge. The staff were absolutely delightful, warm and helpful, and we both enjoyed our food. I highly recommend the goat cheese sandwich.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I first visited here 2 years ago, the last time I was in Dublin. This time, as previously, the food and service were excellent, and the ambiance first rate.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Went here for dinner for the first time this week and it was excellent. Lovely food, only problem was deciding what to choose from a great range on the menu. Everything we chose was excellent. Service from Asia (on her first night) and her colleague was fantastic - fun, chatty, friendly and very attentive. Will definitely be back soon.