“Disappointing ”
Review of La Caverna

La Caverna
Reserve with OpenTable
La Caverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #216 of 2,820 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Temple Bar
Description: Situated in the heart of Temple Bar, La Caverna is a little taste of Italy in Dublin creating a tradition of excellence. With three levels, each comfortably seating up to 40 people, La Caverna is ideal for groups old all sizes. The newly renovated 300 years old Wine Cellar is a beautifully crafted 18th Century Barrel Vault, updated with soft lighting and superb selection of over 150 premium wines from Italy, France and Spain,Portugal, Argentina,California, Chile, Australia, South Africa. We have vegan and gluten - free options.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I visited this restaurant just a matter of hours ago. After seeing the photos online I can fully confirm that it is a very cute and romantic restaurant. However, the food is extremely average and overpriced for what it is. We had the vegan lasagne, which was presented well but was just far too mushy and didn’t have the distinguishable firm layers of a normal lasagne. The Margherita pizza we had was surprisingly tasty but was it worth €11.95 probably not. I’ve got to admit on the flip side the chocolate brownie was FANTASTIC. They just need to brush up on their main menu and this has the makings of a fantastic Italian. I couldn’t fault the service, warm and friendly.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I dined here with a group of friends and felt the customer service fell well short of the service expected from the reviews. The food was ok but service felt more than a little rushed. Disappointing

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Two things spoiled my first (and now last) experience in La Caverna. Firstly, because of the snow, 13 people could not make dinner and the restaurant was informed of this the day of the reservation. The entire country had been shut down, so this was hardly anyone’s fault. Despite this, the person who reserved the table was charged €10 per person who did not show up! Very poor on the restaurant’s part. There was also some frankly bizarre behaviour from the hostess, including shushing everyone to make a speech, including shushing people who weren’t at our table, to wish the birthday girl a happy birthday. She then proceeded to do an excruciatingly uncomfortable dance/song combo. It’s a shame because the food was nice and the service otherwise good. I did find the atmosphere quite soulless as well, and the decor definitely requires attention. I will not be back.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

We had one of our best meals on our trip to Dublin here. The food was delicious, all five of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals. I had the salmon pasta which was fantastic. The restaurant is cozy and charming and our service was energetic and attentive. If our trip had been longer I would have gone back again!

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

The weather did it’s best to prevent our trip to Dublin, but after a re-scheduled fight and a day in the airport we eventually made it. We had to postpone our booking but the restaurant were very nice about it and very friendly. Monika our waitress was a singing superstar! Food nice and reasonably priced. We had a very enjoyable meal. Thank You.