“Lunch - disappointing ”

The Baths at Clontarf
Ranked #2,136 of 2,805 Restaurants in Dublin
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Lunch, Sat 31st March in the The Baths. Great setting, building really nice but a let down ...table for 4 where the chairs don't fit the table. Lovely looking funnels overhead that blow air (cold) straight down on top of tables. Poor choice of main courses on the lunch menu. Most mains leaving the kitchen were fish & chips. Ordered a bottle of white Pinot Grigio and at €29 being the cheapest on the list is scandalous. Would like to think I'd return but much superior offerings and value in surrounding restaurants. S Murphy

6  Thank SineadMurphy3

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Great location, bustling and full of atmosphere. Great covers with beautifully baked breads and dip. Food was perfectly cooked and very enjoyable.

The menu would be well served by having some additional descriptions about the dishes - this will save much waitress questioning and potentially mismatched expectations for what is being ordered.

Look forward to our return visit with the family for a pizza!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Went here for birthday dinner with Leah. Leah is from the area and I had years ago played waterpolo in the Baths. Well we were very impressed we must say! Leah (it was her birthday remember, had an exquisite striploin steak! While I went for the sea bass. Both were amazing. The decor is really well done and in keeping with the theme. If there was one gripe, it that we thought €39 for a bottle of pocessco was a bit on the expensive side. But as it’s only open just over 3 weeks, it’s certainly a place we enjoyed. Somewhere we’d recommend to friends and we hope to eat there again.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I recently went to the Baths with my family for dinner. As a starter I shared pork ribs with my mother which were really nice. After the starter it took around 30 mins for the food to come. I believe it is important to take time in between courses, but in my opinion a half hour is too long. I ordered a margarita pizza as my main course. It was Italian style and was delicious. The one complaint I have about my pizza is that it was advertised as mozzarella,tomatoe sauce and basil. I ended up getting a basil oil which tasted like pesto. A real margarita pizza doesn't have pesto like substances on it. The scenery was beautiful along with the interior of the building. Overall, the Baths was an enjoyable visit.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Overall loved The Baths. We had a drink while we waited for table, bar at moment is just for pre dinner as not loads of space, summer may be different.
We were given a lovely table and service was fantastic, our waiter Darragh was very down to earth and not trying to sell you sides etc gave recommendations and also suggested some changes. All which were perfect and no extra charges. Had seafood starter to share plenty... and no issue getting some extra bread. Main courses were delicious. Waiter was very friendly and good fun. Head of house, Spanish was excellent and spent time making sure everyone was happy. They also were very kind with some wine for our special occasion which I had out on reservation - nice touch.
No rushing to leave and overall was just a great experience and will be returning.
We walked outside to the covered area with lovely heaters and Baths look nearly ready also, can’t wait for summer!
Have recommended many times since to friends and family.