“Excellent sisters treat”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Mandala Eastern Retreat
Reviewed 17 April 2012

It was a difficult task - I needed a spa IN Dublin city centre; which had a bit of atmosphere; would allow some chilling & bonding with my sister (who as the mom of 6 almost never gets out or time to herself) AND it had to be on a day when many things are closed: Good Friday. Mandala spa delivered what we needed. While it was difficult to get in (and out) we arrived and couldnt get an answer as hotel reception closed & a workman brought us through to the spa via the staff corridors.....) not a very promising start; the treatments themselves were excellent (I get a deep tissue massage and/or physical therapy once a month and need a deep touch and know a good massage from mediocre - I was worried I would get an 'oil spreader' but was very happy with my treatment). The atmosphere was very nice; the chillout time after the massage was relaxed and we were allowed to linger (our package included a glass of prosecco - which was ironic given Good Friday & pubs/restaurants not allowed sell alcohol). The chillout lounge is very nicely decorated (as the name implies - in Eastern style) and the mint tea was good also. My only complaint (other than also not being able to get out easily due to closures of sections of the building because of good friday) would be that the changing room is VERY small. My sister and I had to take it in turns to change; and the room became almost unworkable when a mother daughter group arrived as we were dressing to leave. Other than that all was good & it was decent enough value (149 for 2 x i hour massages including prosecco). I know there are cheaper places but I wanted the 'day spa' experience for my sister (as it was a belated xmas gift) and not just a straight treatment. We also treated my nephew to a back massage & he really enjoyed it and they treated him well. I would return.

1  Thank islandfielder

Reviewed 29 March 2010

i booked in for a 2hr 40min package on the weekend which consisted of, a facial, back massage and manicure..Firstly i wasnt impressed with the way the manicure was carried out, i was sitting on an uncomfortable stool at the end corner of the treatment bed getting it done..soo uncomfortable-never in my life have i come across this.Then the girl asked me what colour i wanted on my nails, i told her i wanted a red colour,she didnt even have any colours to show me, she had to leave the room, filled a paper bag with the nail varnish and 10mins later came back and dumped them out on the bed-not exactly what you would expect from a 'luxurious spa'..the facial was just OK,it was a Luzern facial,i wasnt impressed that there was barely any facial massage involved-the whole thing just consisted of the Therapist applying oils/creams and wiping it off again with a Face Cloth,then she applied the mask and left the room for about 25/30mins???No head massage,shoulder massage or anything??V bad service, id get better in a 2star hotel..Finally the back massage i have to say was good..the therpist worked at the knots in my back..but overall would i go back..NO Way..better places around Dublin for less money.
p.s. the package was for a time of 2hrs 40mins, i went in at 12.15(supposed to be 12-and out at 2.30)..the time was obviously cut on the facial or back massage,you expect the full time

1  Thank IrishGirls2009