Drury Court Hotel(Dublin)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$192
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$216/night.

Free cancellation until 29/07
US$171
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$219/night.

Mespil Hotel(Dublin)
US$117
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$151/night.

US$266
Croke Park Hotel
US$122
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$202
US$289
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$160
  • Restaurant
Sheldon Park Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$85
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$100/night.

Generator Hostel Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$97
  • Restaurant
All reviewstemple bargreat locationdame stprovide ear plugsearly nightgreat bartrinity collegetop floorhotel is situatedbars and restaurantsguinness storehousefull irish breakfastvisiting dublinolympianightlifegigrugby
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Dubliners know The Mercantile as a famous bar with screens that show sports, live jazz bands and a good night out in the city centre. They are surprised to hear that it is also a hotel, and our taxi driver from the airport seemed intrigued by our choice to stay there for a business trip. Of course, we hadn’t had time to research hotels properly and just picked something that had a good price to location ratio.

And what a surprise it was. I actually enjoyed walking down to the breakfast part of the bar at 7 in the morning to the smell of beer. Working in the lobby aka one of the bar tables. Ordering my breakfast from a menu. The hotel most definitely has character, and it seems like a great bar in a very central location. The one issue is, of course, noise. Most windows face either onto a busy road, or an alley full of pubs on the other side. It’s still kind of ok early on in the week, but from Wednesday onwards you will hear a variety of fun noises until the early hours in the morning. And then the street cleaners in the early hours of the morning. The hotel graciously offers free earplugs alongside the free tea and coffee in the room. Again, it’s a “different” experience.

The staff were friendly, but relaxed, keeping in line with the general bar atmosphere.

My only other bone to pick was that light from the corridor was shining very brightly throughout the night and into my bedroom through the big gap between the door and the floor.

Otherwise, I’m kind of happy I got a different business experience in Dublin. Somehow it was more fun and relaxing than a typical hotel. But the earplugs were truly essential.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

The staff was great, the area is perfect but, if you’re planning on going on tours early in the mornings this isn’t your hotel, there’s a lot of street noise, there are a lot of bars with live music, you can hear it in your room. If you’re planning on going to these bars and get drunk and then go to your room this is your hotel!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Love this hotel and pub. Perfect location, great pub dinner (cod) and live music. Hotel Room was simple but immaculate. I brought earplugs knowing I was staying on a busy street and above a pub. Not wild and noisy but happy I brought them. I slept like a baby. Here’s the best part. I had some travel bumps and the staff were WONDERFUL!! You’d think my problem (unrelated to the hotel) was their problem. They helped me rearrange trip, make changes, etc. lovely, lovely group!! I’d stay there again in a minute. And did I say location was perfect? ;)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2018

I booked a room in this hotel for 2 nights for my sister and my husband. I booked in this area because I wanted a location really easily accessible to Temple Bar, where I anticipated we would be spending our evenings. I did not, however, account for the insane amounts of noise that would be coming from the area preventing us from sleeping at all.

We stayed in room 105 (3 twin beds). While it was a good size, there was no air conditioning or fan (as far as I could tell), so it was pretty hot all weekend, even at night. The beds were terribly uncomfortable. The building itself is old, which is fine, but there are only 2 outlets, both located by the desk, and we were woken up frequently, just by the creaking and noise coming from the people in the room upstairs.

That noise was nothing in comparison to the noise coming from the bars outside. There's no insulation in the walls/window so it feels like you're literally trying to sleep on the floor of the bar. When they close and it finally gets quiet (close to 3am), you then have to worry about getting woken up by the avalanche of broken bottles coming from the bars taking out their recycling.

Overall, I was completely exhausted after 2 nights here. However, if you plan on going out and drinking and not being bothered by the noise, you really can't beat the location. Pubs and restaurants within feet of the door, Trinity College is a 5-10 min walk. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful, and the restaurant downstairs was good for breakfast and for live music and drinks at night.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

I paid over 200 Euro for a room and to be honest I don’t think it was value for money.

The staff were very friendly but the room was noisy and the fact that ear plugs were provided free on the coffee tray says it all.

The bed was very uncomfortable too and was clearly aged and hard.

When I go back I’ll look to choose an alternative hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo