“Well worth a visit”
Review of The Rustic Stone

The Rustic Stone
Reserve with OpenTable
The Rustic Stone is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #311 of 2,912 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$17 - US$63
Cuisines: European, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: "At Rustic Stone our philosophy is simple. We source the best seasonal ingredients, then we apply simple techniques to extract the most flavour, while giving you the information you need to add nutrition and structure to your diet. The produce I've chosen and our demand for freshness, is the cornerstone of our Rustic idea, while providing a healthy but affordable eating approach." Dylan McGrath
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Delicious steak cooked as a start in the kitchen, then brought to the table on a very hot round stone, at which point you can either further cook or eat it rare. Very delicious truffle potatoes. We shared two desserts, chocolate mousse in a delicious chocolate sauce and a strawberry truffle with lime jelly. Both excellent. They gave us a glass of bubbly Each as they had had to change the time of our booking.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,944)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We were just looking for a place to eat. This was one of the few places my husband found on Google that was rated, so we decided to try it out. Totally worth it.
We sat down and started perusing the menu when I noticed a gentleman with a steak that he was cooking on a small slab of marble, oh that's where the name is from. Cool, so I look at the menu and find "on the stone." I see a tuna with coriander, ginger, and nuts. It sounded perfect; it was everything I hoped for! It was delicious, and I really enjoyed the self cooking style. We got to sit and eat dinner slowly without the food getting cold.
I can appreciate that some people would get annoyed with it. I mean that's why they went out to eat, but I enjoyed it.
The staff was nice and the food delicious. I would definitely recommend this place to people in the area!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Myself & my partner booked a table for a celebration dinner & thoroughly enjoyed it. Everything was delicious. For starter I had the crab toasts whilst he had the chicken wings. For main I had a fillet steak - enjoyed the novelty of cooking it myself on the stone. My partner had pasta with beef shin and we shared sides of truffle chips and celeriac with lentils. For dessert I enjoyed a selection of sorbets and frozen yogurts whist he had the chocolate soup. Not a single complaint about the food. The cocktails and coffees were also delicious. The food makes up for any downfalls but the restaurant is quite cramped and you can't help but overhear conversations at neighbouring tables. I was also surprised that the bathrooms were a bit of a mess. As I said though the food is the star and lives up to expectations.

1  Thank lauralaura2017
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Made reservations while in Dublin based off a friends recommendation. DID NOT disappoint. Amazing and fresh food, fantastic cocktails, and great service from Flavio!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 30 March 2018

On the second floor above Rustic Stone, Taste is a real treat. While it leans toward nigiri, the menu is varied and creative. The atmosphere is hip, but not too; the place has a buzz, but not a din. Most importantly, the food is just very well conceived and executed. I love this place and never make a trip to Dublin without visiting it at least once. Make time for a drink at the first floor bar, Bonsai, too.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant