“Enjoyable and Informative Tour”
Review of Kilmainham Gaol

US$22.77*
City Sightseeing Dublin Hop-on Hop-off Tour
Ranked #1 of 546 things to do in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: This bleak old jail was notorious in the 19th century for its harsh treatment of prisoners.
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

We throughly enjoyed this tour. Our giude, Anne, was outstanding. She knew her stuff and was very entertaining. I learned so much about Irish history and their independence. We were taken through various buildings and were never bored. I highly recommend doing this tour. It was the most informative and entertaining tour we had the whole time we were in Ireland. We ate a bit of lunch at the cafe there.

Write a ReviewReviews (20,304)

Reviewed 23 October 2017

This is a really poignant place to visit and quite difficult to describe in a review. Both my husband and I were quite affected by it. It's well worth a visit, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Went to Kilmainham on 19/10/17 and loved every bit of it.

Tour guide was amazing and very knowledgeable.

It's so much more than what I thought.

Admission was €8 adult & €6 OAP's and worth every penny.

I would 100% recommend this tour to anyone.

1  Thank Lorraine H
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Having missed the tour last year due to popularity of attraction, this was top of the list on our things to do this visit. Attraction still in high demand, but managed to get tickets through our hotel. Our guide Patrick obviously knew his stuff, and made historical dates very interesting. Very poignant, interesting visit

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Had a wonderful tour. Roy was brilliant. There was hair standing on the back of my neck at times as he described in great detail some of the history of this wonderful place. Unforgettable experience.