“Perfect location ”

The Fleet Street Hotel
Ranked #60 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Hotel is in a perfect location for Temple Bar. Room was compact yet comfortable - I don’t believe our room was one of the refurbished ones but it was still nice. Staff were friendly and we were able to check in early which was a bonus. The complimentary breakfast was lovely. In terms of noise mentioned by other reviewers, yes there was a little noise at night time but the rooms have double layered windows, and ear plugs are provided if you are a light sleeper. The night time noise is a small price to pay for the great location and price.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
FleetStreetHotelTB, Manager at The Fleet Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear pinkpeach292

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at The Fleet Street Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so well.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future

Reservations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,210)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed in a triple room with two of my friends. The room was great for the three of us. Wifi was available free of charge. The hotel has a lounge with free coffee and plenty of seating. I didn't find it noisy although we had a room towards the back of the hotel. I would stay here again due to the great location - you're right in Temple bar in the action.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Dear livinglifetothefull1

Many Thanks for reviewing your recent stay here at The Fleet Street Hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.

Reservations

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It’s relatively cheap for the location that’s about all it has going for it. Don’t expect to get a good nights sleep here. The bathrooms are small and dirty. The location is great for temple bar but you need to be passed out to sleep through the noise which includes the maids who seem to start very early

Stayed: November 2017

Dear Euan C,

Many Thanks for posting a review of your recent stay here at The Fleet Street Hotel.

My sincerest apologies that on this occasion we did not surpass your expectations.

If you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I came to visit Dublin for the weekend with our friends.
This hotel is in a great location for the pubs and restaurants by temple bar.
Also a short walk away from the shops.
The hotel itself was very clean and tidy. The rooms were nice and presented well. The bathroom was clean and a good size.
The staff were also very helpful.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Rosselliott

Many Thanks for reviewing your recent stay here at The Fleet Street Hotel.

I am delighted to read how well you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reservations.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was super disappointed by this hotel. I read the reviews thoroughly before booking a one-night stay at the Fleet Street Hotel, and my experience was not the same as everyone else’s.

The room I was assigned was depressing, dark, and cramped. There are some rooms that have been refurbished, mine must not have been one of them. In addition to this, my room stank like the pub downstairs. It was like going to sleep in a grease trap.

The bathroom was fine, but the shower was TINY. I managed fine, but it was not appealing and I wondered how a big man might fit. Probably would have to squeeze himself in there.

Getting to the room was tricky as well. The inside of the hotel is a labyrinth. I don’t recommend it if you or someone you’re traveling with has difficulty with stairs.

As far as service and courtesy, I was just as disappointed as with the accommodations. I requested a wake up call at 7:30am. I did not receive it. The front desk help was rude across the board. When I called to confirm my reservation, they were curt and impatient. When I checked in, I asked for a suggestion for a place that would not be overrun with tourists, somewhere locals would go. The receptionist recommended a chain restaurant. And when I checked out, they were again curt and dismissive; no one asked me how my stay was. Had they asked, I would’ve told them not so great.

The only good thing about this was the location, but there are plenty of other hotels I could’ve stayed at in the area.

I won’t be returning to this hotel on my next trip to Dublin.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Dear Gina M,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay here at The Fleet Street Hotel.

My sincere apologies that it seems, on this occasion, we did not surpass your expectations.

Kind Regards