2,571 results
All reviewsvat housevat bartemple bargreat locationfree entrynoisy at nightbar downstairscentral locationnight lifebars and restaurantsearly hoursgreat bartrinity collegegrafton streetnightlifepubguinness
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

We arrived on an early flight at 9am so our room wasn't ready which we knew but the hotel said we could leave our luggage until check-in which was helpful..the staff on the reception were friendly and helpful and pointed us in the direction we wanted to go. The room was clean with tea making facilities and the bed was comfy..room was quite warm so we slept with the window open...we could hear noise from the street but it didn't hinder our rest as we had been out walking all day and had a couple or three drinks..we got a voucher for a free drink in the bar which was nice and the bar staff seemed very friendly too..overall a great stay in a excellently located hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harry2512
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights in late October as a couple.
We arrived at about 11pm and were greeted relatively quickly by the receptionist staff who didn't seem too interested or friendly.
We then went to our room on the 5th floor. The rooms are quite basic but do the job. We had a small TV and coffee making facilities etc (the kettle didn't work) but the decor is a little dated and we found a lot of condensation on the windows every morning.
However, the bathroom was big, the beds comfy, and we had good nights sleep with no disturbance.
We were there midweek but I would imagine the hotel to be quite loud when the club is open at weekends.
The location of the hotel couldn't be faulted- a 1 minute walk away from temple bar and only 3-4 minutes from all the main shops so this was the strongest quality of the hotel.
There was a lovely lady on reception on our last day who printed off our boarding passes and bus tickets for us and helped find storage for our bags. Didn't catch her name but she had short hair and was fab!
Overall, it's an average hotel with a good location which is perhaps overpriced but is on par with the cost of Dublin as a whole.
Would recommend as a simple base for a few days but not if you're looking for a luxurious stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
JR0113, Front Office Manager at Blooms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear Kate5283

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I can assure you that I will look into all the issues that you have mentioned.
I hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this Hotel (missed the s as should be Hostel) for a 3night stayed and from the moment we arrived was disappointed. The rooms weren’t ready until 3 pm and when we finally got into the room found tiled floors which at first seemed logical (easy to clean) but soon found out this was a bad idea as when we lent on the bed it moved. Again when asleep the bed moved across the floor. The bathroom had mould on the ceiling and the door latch was broken. The lighting was poor and the main door had no door shutter so when anyone shut their doors everyone else heard it. We suffered from poor guests (not the hostels fault but due to the poor sound proofing (tiled floors cause echos)) as well as building works directly behind us which again the hostel failed to inform us. The builders started at 0700 it’s heavy drilling which added to the bad guests meant we got little sleep. All in all would not stay here again and as we paid upfront would not get a discount / refund. Extremely poor.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your feedback and I can assure you that I will look into all the issues that you have mentioned. Please accept my apologies for the issues that you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed at Blooms for 3 nights and only got 1 night half decent sleep. To start with the room looks like a hostel very basic with tiled floors throughout do therefore whenever I turned over in bed I didn't know where in the room the damn bed would end up . The bathroom door wouldnt stay closed because the door jam was broken and having on for dear life. The towels aren't towels they are face cloths .Walls , floors and ceilings are all paper thin and people were extremely noisy I do understand it's in the middle of Temple bar the busiest part of Dublin but come on have some consideration for others at 3,4and 5 in the morning especially when the builders working on the building directly behind start their numatic drill at 7 am then the lorries start turning up at 7.30 every morning I understand they have to earn a living but hotel didn't even prepare our group that this was happening. The rooms need updating because every member of our group mentioned they had mould or room smells musty. Really disappointed because we was really looking forward to staying at Blooms. I feel the only reason this place has got such high ratings on here is because it's cheapish and in the thick of Temple bar.

1  Thank Kathleen B

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel central to everything for the money we paid was brilliant rooms nice and clean beds made daily would definitely recommend a visit if you in Dublin check in at 3pm check out at 12, staff very nice I forgot number to safe lovely gentleman on reception sorted it out ☘️