“Vacation”
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #12 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Loved the hotel, staff very helpful and friendly. Clean and close, like real close to everywhere like across the street from Templar, near Trinity College and more...
I loved the "Mint Bar" at the hotel, the only thing that struck me funny was on my first night I went down to the bar with my wife and had a gin and tonic, wanted something to snack on like peanuts, well the bartender charged me 3 or 4 dollars for peanuts I thought was very odd because just about every bar I've every gone to has always given you some type of snack at the bar, well the next night I went same bar, same drink, although this time I did not ask for any peanuts but they gave them to me at no charge...this is not a big deal but at the Westin I don't really expect to pay for little things, I was afraid after to ask for extra shampoo.. But nevertheless I would go back there, it is a real nice Hotel.

Room Tip: Room are all quit nice
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
CaseyEamonn, Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear pbruno33,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel with the Trip Advisor community. The team at The Westin Dublin take great pride in delivering excellent and outstanding service, and it is always a pleasure to read such positive comments regarding your stay with us. Thank you for highlighting The Mint Bar inconsistency, it is an area for improvement we are looking at.

I will certainly make sure to share your feedback with the hotel of the team. Thank you for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Eamonn Casey
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 4 September 2017

This hotel is centrally located near Temple Bar area pubs/restaurants, the DoDublin hop on/hop off bus tour and a Dublin visitor center office where many of the local all-day bus tours depart from. Excellent breakfast buffet selection that also includes hot foods. Trinity College is also within close walking distance. Our room was clean and quite comfortable. The large showerhead was great and it had fantastic water pressure. We also greatly appreciated the 2 daily complimentary bottles of water - very refreshing after walking around all day! A member of the housekeeping team knocked on our door one evening and asked if we would like a bucket of ice. Why yes we would! No other hotel has ever done this for us. Nice touch! Kenneth at the Concierge desk politely offered to call our airport transfer service when the driver was late. Thank you Kenneth! We will definitely stay at the Westin Dublin in the future.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JD_Who6614

Dear JD_Who6614,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences at The Westin Dublin with the Trip Advisor community

I was thrilled to hear you found our dedicated team of service staff to be warm and attentive. Here at The Westin Dublin, I believe that our dedicated team who take pride in providing excellent and outstanding service, are the hotels greatest asset.

I will share your feedback with the associates who were on duty during your visit. They will be delighted to real your excellent review and kind feedback.

Kind Regards,

Eamonn Casey
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 2 September 2017

We stayed at the hotel for two nights last week. The hotel was fine. We were booked in a room with two double beds. We were able to check in a little early which was nice as we were traveling in same day.

Room Tip: Our room had a view of Trinity College but was a long walk from the elevators
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

What more could you want when you treat yourself to luxury on a holiday. From the professional and friendly doormen and reception desk staff , you know that the SPG quality prevails. Perfectly appointed rooms with great heavenly beds and large bathrooms are the standard. Within steps of the Temple Bar entertainment district and the shopping down the street , you can enjoy Dublin

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alex Z
Reviewed 31 August 2017

I stayed at the Westin, Dublin in December 2016 and very much enjoyed my stay. The rooms are of a good size, well looked after and perhaps had just been re-done. The breakfasts were very good and the location to get to pretty much any central location in Dublin was great!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple