“Location at a price”
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #12 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

A hotel's stars, and its price set expectations. 5 stars is a bit intangible-does anyone really know, country by country the difference between 4 and 5 stars? £400 a night does raise expectations and, aside from an undeniably near perfect location, the Westin doesn't really deliver.

Specific concerns included cleaning, the room smelt musty and, even after a linen change, continued to do so. The previous occupant's snacks in the minibar was an oversight.

The room was reasonably sized, the beds comfortable and the bathroom well equipped.

No breakfast included at the price was a surprise. The atrium café somewhat overpriced.

The "save the planet" (tiny refund for no cleaning) deal is pointless, you get the price of the coffee which you don't get replaced in the room.

There is a small gym.

Conclusion, great location and well worth £200 B&B - if only....

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank YorkRaven
CaseyEamonn, Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear YorkRaven,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at The Westin Dublin. Over the course of your stay, it is clear we have failed you in a number of areas; not in any way befitting of the high standards we strive to achieve on a daily basis. I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the negative experience during your stay.

I have discussed every aspect of your review at length with the relevant management in the hotel and I assure you they will be addressed as a matter of urgency.

Should you be returning to Dublin I would be delighted to oversee your booking personally and ensure you receive the highest levels of standards, as you expect.

Kind Regards,

Eamonn Casey
Hotel Manager
Eamonn.casey@thewestindublin.com

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I booked The Westin Dublin via SPG points for a free night after arriving in Dublin. What a fabulous property! The check-in process was smooth, and we were able to get a room immediately even though we arrived early (around 10:30am). We took advantage of the afternoon tea via a pre-booked reservation, and I longed for the mojito teapot but refrained since we were following it up with a visit to the Guinness Storehouse. The selections in the traditional tea were simply delicious. I wish a sweet or two were swapped with savory, but the taste and presentation were wonderful.

Our room did not have any street noise, and it was very centrally located for all of the sites (or a short cab ride away from the helpful concierge). We did have to walk quite awhile to get to our room in tunneled hallways, but it wasn't much of a bother.

The bed didn't seem to be typical Heavenly brand (I've been to enough Westin properties to know), but it was okay. Down pillows were provided - wish there was an alternate poly-fill available in the closet. Power never worked in our UK outlets (TV didn't work, either), but the US outlet was perfect for our needs. I'd definitely return, but only on points! The regular room rates are pretty high.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annie M
CaseyEamonn, Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Annie M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your 5 star review with the trip advisor community.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and sincerely appreciate the feedback on the small details that your raised. I will be personally following up with the relevant managers.

Annie M, we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

We arrived on a Saturday when the entire ground floor was a chaotic jumble of people and luggage as some tour groups were leaving while others were arriving. When we got to the desk we were informed that our reservation had been cancelled two weeks earlier, although it was never revealed how that supposedly happened. After a fretful hour we were told they had found a room for us, but it turned out to be very small and lacking a window with only a small skylight near the top of the wall. Eventually we were shown to a large double room facing a quiet side street.

The best thing about the Dublin Westin is its great central location, which other reviewers have already mentioned. It doesn’t exactly exude character or charm, but has more of a crisp, sterile, corporate feel to it. It is very clean, and service is very good even if a bit impersonal. Breakfast in the Morelands Grill was very good, and on our second night we had dinner there as well which was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear KH198,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience following your recent stay at The Westin Dublin.

I was delighted to read that there was aspects of your stay that you did enjoy and we are very proud of our new Moreland's Grill and thank you for highlighting your dining experience. There was clearly an issue around your reservation and this is something that I will be following on with our front office and reservation departments.

I hope that you will consider staying with us in the future allowing us the opportunity to restore faith in The Westin.

Director of Rooms

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Spent 4 nights here with the family on our first trip to Dublin. The location was perfect for access to most all the sights in central Dublin. Across the street from Trinity University and 2 blocks away from Grafton Street. Many restaurants and pubs within a very short walking distance. Hotel atrium has a great afternoon tea service as well as a good bar in the basement. Rooms are modern and service was great. Looking forward to a return stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear combopie,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your great experience of The Westin Hotel Dublin.

I was delighted to read that you had the opportunity to experience so many aspects of the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

I would have liked to give a 5-star rating except for 2 hiccups which mattered. The hotel is in a good location and is luxuriously decorated. We stayed for 2 nights and then returned from a west coast trip and stayed another 3 days. I booked a deluxe room for the first stay and everything was perfect. Room was quiet & comfortable. Reception and concierge were efficient and helpful. When we returned, I had booked a classic entry room and they gave us an upgrade and prepared some goodies and a bottle of wine to celebrate my birthday. That was very nice and thoughtful of them. The room was very nice and quiet. However, I noticed the basin was not very clean when I checked in but it was late and I decided to have housekeeping do their cleaning the next day. I took photo of the dirty basin, even used a tissue to partly wipe it to see the dirt can be removed. I show the photos to the reception the next day & ask them to alert housekeeping. After our room was made, the basin was still dirty. So, I called housekeeping directly and requested immediate cleaning. Finally, it was cleaned. (Photos attached). Another incident happened - our day tour was picking us up at the hotel and the tour guide went up to the reception to ask for us but the receptionist said we are not registered as guests! (I did check with the guide that he got my family name correct). Eventually the tour guide saw us waiting at the hotel's entrance and asked us our names. As we were checking out the next day, I didn't want to make a fuss about it. I think the hotel is very nice, staff are efficient, the hotel management tries to make their guests have a perfect stay but there's always room for improvement.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear mosto,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay at The Westin Dublin.

While there was obvious aspects of your stay that you enjoyed I am sincerely sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. I will personally be following up with the relevant teams in relation to your comments and thank you for bringing them to our attention.

I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.