Drury Court Hotel(Dublin)
US$209
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Dublin Parnell Street(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$310
Official Site
US$172
US$168
Hotels.com
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$217
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Generator Hostel Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$142
  • Restaurant
Jacobs Inn Hostel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$152
  • Breakfast included
2,190 results
All reviewscharlemont placecity centretram stopnice hotelst stephens greengrafton streetminute walkgrand canalluas linequiet locationdeluxe roomearly checkbreakfast was excellenthotel barvisiting dublintrinity collegeyogurt
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Positives: very clean; nice shower; fair price for city; great location with public transportation outside your door; lovely bar; helpful staff; decent breakfast (ours was free so I can't comment on value)

Negatives: thin walls (I could hear doors closing, people in hallways and mechanical room on other side of wall.) I'm not certain about all of my stay, but one day we returned at 3pm and room was still not serviced. Like most European hotels, closets were small and limited drawer space.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
General_Manager_HD, General Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Lisa1154,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your feedback in relation to your recent stay at the Hilton Dublin.

We are pleased that you have highlighted the things you have liked in our hotel and it is great that our staff, room cleanliness, our extensive breakfast and hotel outlets were to your satisfaction.
However we were disappointed to learn of the negatives of your stay. We are sorry that you did not enjoy the room allocated to you and that it did not live up to your expectations. We can only apologise for the noise you experienced during your stay as generally we do not have high level of noise in the hotel.
It is not clear from your feedback, whether or not you alerted a member of the staff with regards to your room not being cleaned by 3 pm, as they would have sent Housekeeping immediately to service it. However on weekends as our Accommodation department starts the shift later the last rooms are being serviced at 4-5 pm.
We regret that you were not happy with the size of the closet. Upon request and subject to availability we can always offer drawers in the room.

Please accept our apologies for not fully meeting your expectations and we do hope that this experience has not marred your opinion of our hotel in general.
We hope you will consider staying with us in future.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I’m normally a fan of Hilton’s but the recent experience was just above average.

For a €170 a night hotel it was ok with most things you need and service was friendly and punctual. The part I’m most peeves about was the extra €19 for breakfast - it’s way overpriced.

Granted I’m a bit of stickler for runny poached eggs and the cook clearly didn’t understand the concept of poached eggs as they were more hard boiled than poached. Secondly, when you pay this kind of price for breakfast you don’t expect 30+ builders crowding up the entire place and consuming everything like a swarm of hungry locusts. There was literally not a drop of orange juice left for ages! Not the quality you expect from a Hilton.

1  Thank delmontebanana
General_Manager_HD, General Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Delmontebanana,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience following your recent stay at the Hilton Dublin.

While we wish, you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it’s apparent in this case, we fell short.

We do hope you will reconsider staying at the hotel on your next visit to Dublin and we will make sure you have the best travel experience .

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

My husband & I stayed at the Hilton, Charlemont Place last night for my birthday. The room is clean & comfortable & the staff left a lovely desert in my room as a birthday surprise.
I’m really frustrated that we wasted the money on staying here though. We rarely get a night away without our children & were hoping for a lie on but we’re woken at 8.15am on Easter Saturday morning by the noise of building works outside our window. Surely we should’ve been told about this in advance Hilton?
I do not consider this part& parcel of city life.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Trip advisor member,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us via Trip Advisor. However it was disappointing to learn of your experience.

Firstly, in relation to the room we are happy to hear that it was to your liking and that you enjoyed the plate that we left in the room to celebrate your special day.

As per the building site next door, we do apologize for any inconvenience caused. Whilst we do our best to minimize the noise, we are not able to control any external construction works.

We do hope you will consider our hotel for your future stays.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Firstly Be aware building work both sides of building so expect building noise - according to the hotel this is part of city life therefore they don’t need to tell us about it in advance Also internal refurbishment going on and some floors and rooms smell of paint and glue etc. will be nice when it’s all finished I guess. Refused first room as it had not been snagged and smelt of paint etc so lovely staff (Peter from Hungary?) moved us to a higher floor smaller bed but better view no building noise and no refurbishment smell. Not what we paid for though but thanks for getting us a room that was at least some improvement.
Frustrating mistake made when booking on the Hilton HHonours app meant we booked a king exec room with breakfast but only 1 of us could have breakfast unless we paid another 15euro a day on top of 220 a night for the room. Hilton would not or could not back down which just seemed childish in the end considering what we were paying and how much we have spent and will spend with Hilton with forward bookings. Not a big deal really but this inflexibility made me refuse to back down on principle!!
Have to say Hilton I’m still irritated by this but I would like to thank David and Luke who did their best despite this silly policy to make things better and put up with me being a grumpy customer. If I worked for another hotel that doesn’t have these policies that must be enforced I’d offer them a job!! Thanks for trying but feels like corporate inflexibility and unnecessary when all I would have had is coffee and croissant
To finish on a positive We’ve stayed here before and like the location and style of hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
General_Manager_HD, General Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Legolander706,

Firstly, in relation to the building site next door, we do apologize for any inconvenience caused. Whilst we do our best to minimize the noise, we are not able to control any external construction works.
We do apologize for the improvements we are undergoing on our second floor at the moment which has lead to smell of paint. To ensure a high comfort level for our guests sometimes we need to undergo this type of works.
We are pleased that our staff has come forward with a solution and moved you to a different room.

With regards to the breakfast voucher, as you have been in contact with the hotel prior to your arrival, our staff explained that as the booking was made for one person, the second person must pay for breakfast. We regret that you were not happy with hotel standard policy.
On the plus side we are pleased to learn that our staff and the way they dealt with the issue were to your satisfaction.

Please accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations on this occasion.
We do hope you will consider our hotel for your future stays.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on business and my first reaction was how nice it appeared from the welcoming entrance and design to the freebies in the lobby.

I had a deluxe room which was nice and when I went out for dinner and came back I had been given even a robe, slippers and chocolates and water in the room. I assume this was due to giving my honours card on check-in but it was a lovely touch.

On the deluxe floor you get free sweet treats like huge cookies, doughnuts, fruit, freshly flavoured water and more (see my pics). I really liked the contemporary decor in the corridors and the hotel was exceptionally clean throughout.

The bed was incredibly comfortable but the big let down for my stay was I had an awful nights sleep. Some annoying guest was making noise shouting, and pacing up and down on the floor above at 3.50am and woke me up. I let reception know and not long after it stopped so the hotel did all they could it’s just a shame the walls are so thin and meant after the noise stopped I could hear everything from lift noise to faint noises in the distance.

Breakfast had a good selection, but the hot food was average as was service, no one offered coffee or tea for example which for the price you expect.

I’m back in Dublin in a few weeks so I’ll give the hotel one more try as I think it has the potential to be an enjoyable stay but if I can’t get any sleep there’s no point!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
General_Manager_HD, General Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Dear Bostewa,

Thank you very much for your review here on Trip Advisor community. To ensure continuous improvement in our service to you, we appreciate your feedback about your experience at our property. We are delighted that the hotel was to your satisfaction, particularly our staff and service. We always strive for an excellent customer service and feedback such as yours it is much appreciated.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Kindest Regards,