“Well packaged tour”

Jameson Distillery Bow St.
Ranked #39 of 586 things to do in Dublin
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Since John Jameson's brave first steps into this building in 1780, we've been focused on his ambition to create unforgettable experiences (along with great whiskey, of course). The new look Jameson Distillery Bow St. carries on this ambition through five fully guided experiences: Bow St. Experience Distillery Tour, Premium Whiskey Tasting, Whiskey Blending Class, Whiskey Cocktail Making Class, and a Cask Draw Experience in Dublin's only Live Maturation Warehouse - all of which have a firm focus on immersive storytelling. You'll be invited to touch, smell, and most importantly, taste Jameson in the original Bow St. Distillery buildings. The only way to get closer to the source would be to have John Jameson guide you through the distillery himself.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

An interesting and well presented tour. Pity they no longer make the whiskey on site. This results in a tour reliant on the character of the guide and in the technology of the presentation.

Like most things in Dublin it is expensive for what you get, particularly if you are not a whiskey drinker as there is stuff to taste.

Not convinced that the samples they compare Jameson too are what they say. Jack Daniels has a very distinct charcoal aroma yet the No. 7 they say they use here didn’t have that. In fact it was sweet and flowery. Uum?

Location not easy to get to and nothing going on in the neighbourhood either.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,126)
All reviews
in 87 reviews
"visiting dublin"
in 68 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Had a great afternoon here today and would recommend to any adult thinking of coming. The tasting room was my favourite bit. At the end try the Jamison with ginger ale and lime, it’s amazing.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I am not a whiskey drinker, but the space and presentation of this tour was fantastic. Our guide was Emma and she was welcoming and knowledgeable. The building itself was gorgeous and the bar was fantastic with great service. It was the best Irish coffee I have ever had.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I do not like whiskey, but when in Dublin... This place has several tour options; the tasters, the shakers, and the makers where you can taste a variety of whiskeys, make mixed drinks, or taste and blend your own whiskey respectively. They also have a cask draw and a distillery tour.
We opted for the makers tour. I figured this would be my best chance to find something I love. We got to try a few varieties and make our own blend. They have a lot of information and showed us how each person interprets ingredients differently. It was interesting to really see it in the group.
The type was great and information immersing. Our guide was fun and funny and I really enjoyed the tour even though I still don't love whiskey.
Try it out! And have some mixed drinks at the bar, cuz I liked those despite my aversion to the liquor.