“Cosy comfortable warm welcome ”

Mulligans of Sandymount Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mulligans of Sandymount Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 2,754 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, International
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Busy dining area at the back of the bar. Wonderful warm welcome from all the staff. Good choice on menu. Ribeye steaks were very very good and beautifully cooked.

Tables close together but people here are very friendly and chatty.

Prices in Dublin are very high so don’t be surprised if you are paying circa €50 a head inc drinks. That is why it is 4 not 5 in my view

Kieran M, Manager at Mulligans of Sandymount Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi fedupphil,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! It's great to know how pleased you are with our menus, especially our Ribeye steak! Our prices are a reflection of our location, the quality of our produce and the expertise that goes into crafting our dishes :) We hope that you will visit us again soon!

Mulligans of Sandymount

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing stuff, with suggestions about IPA beers and for sure the best Irish Gin, Gunpowder...
All in all, amazing!! Recommend!!!

Kieran M, Owner at Mulligans of Sandymount Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Željko O,

Thanks for sharing this short but very sweet review! We're delighted you enjoyed our craft beer and gin selection!
We hope that you will visit us again soon!

Mulligan's of Sandymount

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great lunch followed by an amazing relaxed and fun atmosphere for the Ireland V England Grand slam match. Fast and efficient service delivered with professionalism and a smile.

Only one place would have been better to see the game with such a buzzz ( the stadium ☘️

Hi Conor S,

Thanks for taking the time to review us! We're delighted you could join us for such a great day in Irish sport and even more so know how much you enjoyed it!

We hope to see you again soon!

Mulligan's of Sandymount

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

As you will see from my previous visits I have praised mulligans and think it is an excellent place, I felt very let down during my last visit however before the Ireland Scotland match. Our drinks as usual we're great and we ordered a couple of pints of Guinness and a couple of bottles of corona, the second pint of Guinness came to my table dripping all over the floor and spilling down the glass, no big deal but just a comment.
What really let the experience down was the food. My partner and I both ordered cottage pie and I can honestly say I have never tasted anything so bland in my life, it did not taste seasoned at all and it was as far from a cottage pie as anything I had seen. It was in fact a bowl of mince, carrots and onion with a scoop of mashed potatoes on top. It was not in a pie dish, was not covering the contents of the bowl and was not finished off under a grill or in an oven, it was just a bowl of mince and potatoes and for €15 each was a complete rip off!
I will continue to use mulligans as we often do before the rugby but we will never eat here again after this.

kieran m, Owner at Mulligans of Sandymount Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

hi @craigs1984,

many thanks for you continued reviews and on the day you visited (Ireland V Scotland rugby match), I am sure that you were aware we would be extremely busy and that we were doing a shortened 'pre-match' menu up to 3pm which we only do before all Irish international rugby matches at the Aviva Stadium (about 5 per year)...........this is regularly done at bars & restaurants located near Rugby Stadia throughout the world.

On match days, the demand for tables is massive so we do the pre-match menu to satisfy the demand and to feed as many supporters as possible (including your good self) and generally, it is greatly appreciated by the fans even though the bar & restaurant is packed to capacity.

Accordingly, I think your rating is unfair and with regards to the Cottage Pie, this was our best seller on the day of the match and got rave reviews from both Irish & Scottish fans alike and whats more, I also had the cottage Pie so I simply cannot agree with your comments/review above at all.

However, I respect your opinion and best to leave it there as we have both had our say and we look forward to seeing you again @MulligansD4

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Visited here in February 2018 before an Ireland Rugby home match at the Aviva Stadium. Great food served in a timely manner which is what is needed on Match day.

We will definitiley use here again.

Kieran M, Owner at Mulligans of Sandymount Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Hi Simps0n72,

Many thanks for sharing this short but very sweet review! We are delighted to know that you enjoyed dining with us and we hope that you enjoyed match day at the Aviva!

We look forward to seeing you again!

Mulligan's Of Sandymount