“Fantastic!”

Ranked #421 of 2,818 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Traditional Italian restaurant and pizzeriaOpening its doors as La Taverna di Bacco in 2005, this prominent quayside restaurant represents the flagship of the Italian Quarter in Dublin City Centre. Locally sourced fresh foods, the highest quality Italian ingredients, an extensive wine list and experienced Italian chefs collaborate in a comfortable elegant setting to make Wallace's Taverna the complete Italian dining experience.Wallace's Taverna is a great spot for lunch, after-work happy hour, family meals, group celebrations, hanging out with friends or dining with kids! We proudly cater for coeliacs, vegetarian and we strive to meet your dietary needs. Children are very welcome - we provide a Kids Menu and entertainment to make them happy!And not to forget... The WINE! As an Enoteca we have a passion for Italian wines (more than 50 wines on the list!!) And for craft beers, all imported directly from small producers in Italy.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We attended after a long day of walking and weren’t disappointed with the portion sizes! I tried the “Scappa Napoli” which was fantastic! The anchovies were perfectly cooked and the whole thing tasted delicious. Possibly the greatest pizza I have ever eaten. I really admire the fact they don’t sell cola too. Overall, a fab dining experience!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I’m not surprised at some of the negative reviews having visited last night. There was no warm welcome at all and when my friend ordered the duck he was told that it would be cooked medium rare. He asked if it could be cooked medium and they refused so he ordered pizza instead.

When the mains came out they were cold. When they came back they had been reheated but the duck that my wife ordered was now overcooked which was ironic. We expected to get new food but it was the same food reheated. When we pointed this out to the waitress she didn’t seem bothered so we asked for the manager. This is when things took a turn for the worst!

We told him that we were having issues with the food and the service and he became very defensive. He told my friend that her fish wasn’t cold and it was cooked at 45 degrees and we should have known this if we had read the menu properly! He then told us that we had been complaining since we came in and asked us to leave the restaurant! He was the most patronising, condescending and rude manager/co owner that I have ever come across and should sign up for a customer service course immediately because his attitude is losing him customers. We will definitely not be back.

3  Thank Tobinho67
Reviewed 18 March 2018

We booked for the Mother’s Day weekend / rugby match weekend and the place was packed. The food is very unusual and delicious. We were especially impressed by the pasta stuffed with venison and a starter salad of mizuna with nuts. We finished with a very rich chocolate sphere shared between the three of us. The staff were friendly and our particular waiter was Italian.

WallaceTaverna, General Manager at Wallace's Taverna, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Hi Josepha,

thanks a lot for the lovely review. We are all very glad you enjoyed your dinner here at Wallace's Taverna.Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I wanted to enjoy a few drinks before we headed back to the hotel. When we entered we told the waiter we only wanted drinks. He sat us in a small corner of the restaurant and went back behind the bar and could hear him saying something to the bar tender. Then another passing waitress. This place was called a tavern so we did not understand what the big deal was. I ordered a glass of wine and my husband asked for irish whiskey. The waitress (rudely) stated “we don’t have irish whiskey. We drank a glass of wine together and left. They never came back to check on us until we asked for our check. Maybe this restaurant should Not be called a tavern if they are going to get upset when you only order drinks.

2  Thank Rachelle1515
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

We were not expecting to go to Dublin and find an Italian restaurant that was that good! It tasted as if we were back in Italy - very authentic.

1  Thank AmericanExplorers