Sheldon Park Hotel
US$233
Mespil Hotel(Dublin)
US$146
Jurys Inn Dublin Parnell Street(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$306
US$291
Westbury Hotel
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$217
US$185
Buswells Hotel
Castle Hotel(Dublin)
US$186
US$172
  • Breakfast included
Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$315
Travelocity
  • Pool
1,495 results
All reviewsleisure centreleisure clubtram stopswimming hatswimming poolluas linesteam roomminute walklovely hoteldublin city centrefamily roomcooked breakfastshort breakbooked this hotelhotel barbar foodfull irish breakfast
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Like everyone has said, the hotel is close to a train station. However, it could use a mattress and pillow update. The walls are paper thin, can not overstate just how much you can hear from rooms next door. Unfortunately for me and my family, after the music from the ground floor ended (we were on the 3rd floor) around midnight, a party broke out next door that ran until 0430. The pool is not in the same building, have to walk outside across the parking lot, which is not optimal for children in cold weather. With a family of four, our choices were limited in Dublin, but if I could do it again I would pay twice as much for a hotel near the city center, with better beds and solid walls. Not a good nights sleep...

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
David_Vaughey, Operations Manager at Sheldon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel with the TripAdvisor community.

I was very disappointed after reading your review to learn you were unhappy with the mattress and pillows in your room. All beds in our hotel have orthopaedic mattresses with a medium softness, although this may not suit everyone's sleeping preference we find that the majority of guest are very happy with our beds and pillows.

As you have stated in your review we are extremely fortunate to be located so close to the tram line where you can get off at city centre stops such as Jervis & Abbey Street where you can really soak up the atmosphere which Dublin has to offer.

I note your intention not to return to our property but I hope you will reconsider this and if that is the case I would ask that your contact me directly so I can personally oversee your booking.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It's hard to rate this hotel as it had some positive things and some very negative things. On the good side, it's about a 5 minute walk to the Luas, there is a McDonalds close but really not much else within walking distance. If you aren't going downtown to eat you pretty much are stuck at the hotel. The gym is great, it's a full size real gym with a very nice pool. The staff was very friendly and checked me in early. On the downside the room is quite old , this is somewhat common throughout Ireland though, so hard to put too much negative into that. I had a view of a vacant lot that was trashed out my window and was directly above the bar that had live music that played on the weekends until about 11:30. If you are into the music, great, but if you are there for work and need to get up the next morning it really sucks. The internet was also very slow and barely supports facetime (or any video chatting).

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank msmont

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on this platform and sharing your thoughts with the community.

I was delighted to hear that you were happy with most aspects of your stay, in particular with the staff in our hotel. Here at the Sheldon Park Hotel our staff take a great deal of pride in providing each and every guests with outstanding customer service. In addition to this I was very happy that you found our gym to be a great addition to our property.

However I was disappointed that you experienced some issues with the WiFi connectivity, we provide super-fast unrestricted 100MB WiFi thought the hotel I will investigate this further as it should not have been an issue when you were here.

Again I must thank you for all your kind comments and I will ensure to pass your feedback onto the rest of the team.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights and enjoyed our stay. The hotel is a little way out of the city centre which didn't put us off as the luas is really easy to use and by far the quickest way to get back in to the city centre. The room was very clean and comfortable only downside I did have is you can hear what's happening in the next room. Reasonably priced and would stay here without a doubt if I were to visit Dublin again

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leoni S
David_Vaughey, Operations Manager at Sheldon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Leoni,

Thank you for taking the time to post review of our property following your three night stay and I am so thrilled that you thought so highly of us.

As you have stated in your review our location although is outside the city centre is great for travelling into the city via the tram line, the tram can leave you off at city centre stops such as Jervis or Abbey Street were you can really soak up the atmosphere which Dublin has to offer.

Thanks again for you kind words and we hope to see you again very soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for one night 16th March. As a minimum you would expect a bed and a shower, however we noticed the room had only a bath (without a shower hose). Ended up having a bath and rinsing my hair by refilling a glass with water. We had a bit of a laugh about it but it was a bit inconvenience. We rang the receptionist trying to get a change of room but she said there are quite a number of rooms without showers so basically it's pot luck if you get a room with a shower or not.

Breakfast was nice and bar was also nice.
Also, 100 euro deducted from your credit card on check in and refunded on checkout (first time experience this) but not an issue.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Micheal M
David_Vaughey, Operations Manager at Sheldon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Micheal,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the challenges you experienced during your stay.

I was very disappointed to hear that the standard bedroom which you had booked did not meet your needs I would like to inform you that the hotel host a whole range of room types some of which are much bigger and may have suited your needs a little better. If you plan on visiting us again please contact me directly as I would be delighted to personally oversee your booking and ensure you have a flawless stay.

Operations Manager

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Have stayed here about 6 times over the past 2 years but the Food was not great this time.
Had Steak in bar both nights and it was awfull.
Breakfast has gone downhill as well.
I used to really like this Hotel but its the Red Cow from now on

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Cha L

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on this platform after your most recent stay.

I was very disappointed to read you felt the food served in our hotel did not meet our usual "Sheldon Park Standards". of the past. Normally speaking and other TripAdvisor reviews will back me up here, our breakfasts are delicious, tasty and in plentiful selection and our steaks are some of the best in Dublin City.

We receive many favourable reviews, therefore it is extremely disappointing to read your comments, and I can only apologise for our failure to meet your expectations.

I do appreciate your feedback, and I hope you will reconsider returning to us in the future, and to give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us. Please feel free to contact me directly, and I will be happy to assist with your reservation.

With renewed apologies,