The Dawson Hotel & Spa
Drury Court Hotel(Dublin)
US$147
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$178/night.

US$114
Savings alert! 52% below average rates

The price you found is 52% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$239/night.

Mespil Hotel(Dublin)
US$137
US$160
US$142
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$183/night.

US$220
US$160
US$296
US$247
US$236
US$228
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$119
  • Restaurant
Sheldon Park Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$94
US$285
US$277
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewssam's barjunior suitegreat locationgrafton streettrinity collegebar next doorcentral locationstayed here for one nighttemple barnightlifepubs
Reviewed 23 October 2017

So, I was rushing to plan a last-minute trip to Dublin--a city I know pretty well, and couldn't get into my first choice hotel, but The Dawson came up in my search and it's well-located and looked nice in the pictures, so I booked it. I didn't bother to read the reviews, and only thought to do that when I was on the express bus from the airport and walking up Grafton Street (busy shopping street). I panicked, and for good reason. THIS IS A WALK-UP HOTEL. and...IT'S OVER A NIGHT CLUB. While the room was nice enough and the staff was helpful, I wish I'd known, because I would have booked elsewhere. When I got there, I was originally supposed to be on 2, and they "upgraded me" to 3 and in the back. I specifically asked about noise and the woman at the desk tried to soft-pedal the question, so I guess they are used to it., Regardless, I still heard all the noise. For the price, and the noise, I'd rather stay at the Clarence, which is gorgeous and has an elevator and a fancy restaurant. Live and learn--I got extra steps in, and not again.

Room Tip: Tell them you want to be in the very back or on a high floor, or book elsewhere.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank theabra
Duty M, Manager at The Dawson Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank your for staying with The Dawson Hotel & Spa and for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Please note that we do indeed have a lift in the hotel, however, as our hotel is located in a Georgian building we are limited in terms of material alterations that can be made, and resultantly don’t have a lift in the front of the hotel at this point in time; however, we do have a lift located to the rear of the hotel, accessed through Sams Bar. The lift is available to be used 24 hours by guests, with the only proviso being that porter assistance is required to access same outside of Sams Bar trading hours. This policy is in place for security reasons. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused during your stay.

Regarding the late music, please note that the hotel is located in a vibrant city centre, in the entertainment area, surrounded with bars and restaurants, and as a result a selection of rooms is impacted by noise at the weekends. These rooms are being sold as Vibrant Weekend Rooms at the discounted rate on our booking platforms and information regarding the late music from the bar is available on the room description, important information about the hotel and on your booking confirmation, as well as on our website. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused during your stay.

We would like to thank you again for staying with us and for sharing your concerns.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

This is actually quite a serene hotel considering its location on one of dublins busiest nightlife streets.
The rooms are basic enough but equipped with everything you need and the beds are very comfortable.
The staff were all very helpful and all very mannerly and approachable.
Its only minor downfall was the basic breakfast but the young man who was tending to it was very kind and again mannerly.
The staff really are the backbone of this establishment and it was all wortg the money.
Great stay

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with The Dawson Hotel & Spa and for taking the time to review your stay with us. It was pleasure accommodating you at our hotel.

We always try to provide best possible customer service; therefore I am delighted to see that our staff was at your service throughout your stay.

I am also very happy to see that your experience was pleasant and that you have enjoyed the convenience of our location.

We are also thanking you for your feedback regarding breakfast as it is highly appreciated and will serve us to improve the breakfast experience. Please note that at the moment we serve continental breakfast which is free of any charges to all of our guests.

Thank you again very much for staying with us and for your feedback. We certainly hope we will have an opportunity to accommodate you again.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

If you don't have a problem falling asleep anywhere you may find this hotel to be quite fine. The staff are friendly, the rooms are a good size and the little extras like tea/coffee facilities and toiletries are always appreciated.

However, if noise and light stops you sleeping then avoid this hotel. The building is old and everything creaks, I could hear people walking around the other rooms and things in my room rattled every time I moved! When someone flushes the toilet the pipes are very noisy too. There is also a small but very bright green light in the ceilings of the rooms which doesn't go out and lights up the whole room.

2 things may have just been unlucky for me but worth considering...
1. There were questionable hairs in my bed when I pulled the sheets back, ick.
2. I had no hot water for my shower in the morning, freezing was the only option.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank -Nic_vV-

Dear Guest,

Thank your for choosing The Dawson Hotel & Spa for the hen party. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We very much appreciate your feedback as it will help us to improve the overall guest experience.

I am very happy to see that our staff were helpful throughout your stay and that you have enjoyed our complimentary tea & coffee facilities.

We have recently completed our initial stage of refurbishment in the hotel, which has seen all rooms painted and carpets replaced, as well as the reception bathroom refurbished. As we are a small property, it has taken some time since takeover to get through all the rooms. We apologize if the room was not up to your standards during the stay and hope this is resolved going forward.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the hair found on the bed, as well as the hot water. We certainly hope you have contacted reception straight after in order to rectify the issues.

Thank you again for staying with us and for reviewing your stay.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

I can't fault the very friendly and helpful staff for their great service. However the rooms themselves are old and tired and very noisy. There was a large extractor fan outside our window and we could hear the booming from the nightclub below (ear plugs are provided in the room). That said the location is fantastic. For one night it was fine but I wouldn't stay again unfortunately.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am very happy to see that our staff was at your service and that you have enjoyed the convenience of our location. We apologize for the inconvenience with extractor fan outside your window and the music from the nearby bars. Our hotel is located in a vibrant city centre, in the entertainment area, surrounded with bars and restaurants, and as a result a selection of rooms is impacted by noise at the weekends. We do however apologize if this had caused any inconvenience during your stay.

Thank you again for staying with us and for taking time to review your stay. We sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

We enjoyed our four nights at the Dawson. The only drawback is the awkward way of getting to the lift and the rooms. One has to request assistance to get to the lift or walk through a noisy bar. Assistance is readily provided. The rooms are very nice, clean and well equipped. The continental breakfast is okay, but there are plenty of places in the neighborhood which offer heartier meals. The proximity to Grafton Street, Trinity College, Temple Bar, etc. is a real plus.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is far from the disco.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I am very happy to see that our staff were helpful throughout your stay and that you have enjoyed the convenience of our location.

We apologize for the inconvenience with the lift. Please note that as our hotel is located in a Georgian building we are limited in terms of material alterations that can be made, and resultantly don’t have a lift in the front of the hotel at this point in time; however, we do have a lift located to the rear of the hotel, accessed through Sams Bar. The lift is available to be used 24 hours by guests, with the only proviso being that porter assistance is required to access same outside of Sams Bar trading hours. This policy is in place for security reasons.

Thank you again for staying with us. We certainly hope we will have an opportunity to accommodate you again at our hotel.