“Stop here for the Irish coffee”

The Stage Door Cafe
Ranked #1 of 206 Coffee & Tea in Dublin
Cuisines: Wine Bar, Soups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Came in specifically for the Irish coffee and the family was not disappointed. Great atmosphere with super friendly staff! While we didn’t eat any breakfast here, it smelled amazing!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

My friends and I arrived there when the café was already closing. We asked if it was still open and the guy asked if he could help us. We said we had heard they had good Irish Coffee there and Alan let us in without hesitating.
Alan said he was already closing, but he doesn't like to say no to customers. He prepared us an amazing cup of Irish coffee, while telling us really nice stories. I have never seen such a genereous and good-humoured person.
I definitely recommend this place, because it really does justice both to its famous coffee and to its motto that there are no strangers, only friends we have yet to meet.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

What an awesome breakfast! The staff were incredibly nice and helpful when our large group tried to squeeze into a table much too small for us; we all arrived at different times and ordered all over the place and they didn't bat an eye, rather went out of their way to make it enjoyable for us. We all commented on how good and filling the food was, I personally had a cheese and bacon omelette which I devoured. My hot chocolate was also divine. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I don’t know what better - the food, the service or the welcome!!

Everything in here is brilliant and I highly recommend, we had breakfast, lunch and dinner here on different occasions and really enjoyed all!

Can’t wait to go back!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

This place is lovely and the staff is even better. The food is delish and inexpensive for around here. Huge portions and such good bread. Irish breakfast, Irish coffee, BLT open faced sandwich .. all I would recommend. small local place that I will continue to support on our trip.