1,983 results
All reviews gasworks bar aviva stadium theatre package gas works dart station orla kiely city centre theatre break bord gais theatre minute walk coffee machine lovely hotel bar food booked this hotel reception staff stayed here for one night lovely room
Reviewed 25 April 2016

The room was plain but clean and the mattress was firm. The bathroom had a bathtub and everything was spotless. The breakfast was very good (and inexpensive) and the people working there was all very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
GCHDublin, Manager at Grand Canal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for coming to stay with us at the Grand Canal Hotel, I am delighted that you enjoyed the breakfast and your stay with us. I hope that the next time you are in Dublin that you will come and stay with us again.

Reviewed 24 April 2016

really enjoyed my stay at the Grand Canal. Staff were really friendly an very helpful. The adjacent hotel bar/pub is also great - lots of craft ales and knowledgeable bar staff. Definitely recommended.

Easily walkable from the city centre and great if you're looking to catch a match at the Aviva too.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
GCHDublin, Manager at Grand Canal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed the Bar and Hotel when you visited. I hope that you get a chance to visit us again soon.

Regards

Donna

Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

This time I especially requested a room facing their parking lot because my previous stay was horrible on the frontside. Instead I got a room on higher floor but facing garbage bins, it was quite disturbing when the bar staff started dumping actions in the middle of night. Although the bath room was freshly painted, the bath tub was full of paint droplets making a very painful experience for bathing. When I reported this during check-out, the lady was even complaining why I did not inform the front-desk immediately, not even apologize for an unpleasant stay. Should I really take the trouble calling them while still in the bathroom late at night? I gave this hotel a second chance, but she just blew it. The hotel bar has good selection of beer and whiskey. Food quality is so-so. I prefer walking 25 minutes to Grafton Street area for dinner and come back for whiskey.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
I am sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory stay with us. The garbage bins are indeed kept at the back of the hotel, however I am sorry that you were disturbed by noise, as a rule we don't go out after 10.30pm so I apologize that the noise interrupted your sleep. With regards to your complaint regarding the bathtub, I am sorry that the receptionist did not convey her apologies correctly and that you felt your complaint was not dealt with correctly. Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the hotel, it is always helpful to receive feedback on how we can improve our hotel.

Reviewed 23 April 2016

Stayed here for work, lovely warm clean rooms and very quiet. Warm welcome from the staff, and its location is perfect for Grand Canal Dock / Aviva.

My only problem with staying here was the bathroom-VERY clean i will say, but the sink was very slow at draining, and the toilet seat was broken and loose. When i got into the shower, it also didn't drain so i was left standing in water. When i tried to adjust the heat of the shower the handle came off in my hand-while it was quite comical thinking back of my plan of how I was going to explain to the front desk that I had flooded the bathroom, it wasn't something I expected to have to deal with in a hotel of this standard. They really could do with looking at the drainage, there is a drain in the floor of the bathroom (which would have been handy if i had flooded the bathroom!!) but it gurgles for ages after you use with any of the facilities.

Will definitely stay again, I have already booked for a trip to Bord Gais in July. But, I would be annoyed if i had to deal with these things again.

Breakfast the next day was hearty, with nearly everything you could possibly wanted (was annoyed i had to rush to a meeting because I would have loved to laze there for an hour or so! :) ) One teeny tiny thing though-staff (who were lovely) could have let people know that it was a buffet when offering tea & coffee. As I was seated at the front of the dining hall, and never noticed it, so i sat in wait for a while before realising people were helping themselves. Again NOT a big deal, but just some feedback!

Thanks and looking forward to my stay in July again.

Room Tip: No veiw (facing a wall) but extremally quiet from room 515
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry to hear that you had difficulties in the bathroom, the Maintenance Department are looking into the cause of the drainage being slow. Our breakfast staff are usually very good about telling people about the buffet, I am sorry that they didn't let you know. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Regards

Reviewed 21 April 2016

The staff at this hotel are extremely helpful and really went out of their way to help you, apart from the breakfast staff. The front desk staff were very friendly and took time explaining things to you. We had lunch in the bar, which was lovely and bar staff very friendly. Got room service, which got slightly mixed up but was sorted quickly and mannerly.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and have passed on your kind comments to the restaurant and bar staff. I do hope that you return to stay with us again in the near future.