All reviews city centre croke park stayed here for nights buses galway plugs furnishings
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I thought it was time for another visit to my local hotel and once again it aimed to please .. Standards have not dropped here at the maples great entertainment and delicous food also .. Highly recommended ..

1  Thank pixieDublin
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Since I already knew Dublin quite well, I just wanted a cheap place to stay at. That's why I chose this hotel. I wouldn't recommend it to people with kids or for a first short visit to Dublin. It's situated in a nice residential area about 15 minutes away by bus from the city center-from O'Connell Street. Rooms are small-at least for one person-but clean; the walls/doors are not insulated as a result it's quite noisy till late in the night. Nice and helpful lady at the reception. You get what you have paid for.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank violettedemars
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel as it was the venue of a family members party. On arrival we were checked in by a lovely lady on reception, I was assigned to room 9. Well where do I begin, when I opened the door and saw the size of the room I was amazed it was the smallest hotel room I have ever seen (the housekeeping storage room was probably bigger).
The bathroom door would only open if the bedroom door was closed, but the doors still scrapped off eachother while closing them. In the shower the shower head was coming out of the wall and facing towards another wall so therefore made it impossible to shower. This is the only "3 star" hotel I have ever been in that does not supply shampoo.
In the bedroom there was wires coming out of the wall for the phone but the wire cover stopped half way so the wires were exposed. The chair from the dressing table was poorly covered but had make up all over the front which I did not even attempt to sit on. And as for the phone itself, it was just dirty.
I did not personally have any problems with the staff but I did witness several occasions throughout the 1 night we were there how utterly rude the staff were, from the night porter to the reception.
Myself and the rest of the party were extremely disappointed with this hotel it was a huge letdown. I would not recommend you stay here at all especially with children as they are not welcome

3  Thank Honestdotcom
MaplesHotel, Manager at Maples House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

We would like to take this opportunity to reply to this entry concerning a recent stay at our hotel. Firstly, we are always sorry to her that any guest was dissatified either with regard to the property or the staff. We pride ourselves on providing a warm Irish welcome to guests, including families with children of all ages, as the majority of the reviews of our hotel on tripadvisor amply demonstrate. We will address some of the comments on the review. On the night in question, the hotel was booked out and the restaurant was full for breakfast. There were a number of very young children moving between tables and an incident occurred that could have resulted in an injury to a guest or staff member. Therefore, the staff on duty asked that the children could remain seated for their own safety and this request was not received well at all. With regard to the size of the room, a single room was booked and the rate was 40 euro including cooked to order full Irish breakfast which we would contend is very good value for money. While the room is small, it is designed to accommodate one person only. The reviewer states that there was no shampoo provided, but in fact, there are wall mounted dispensers in the shower cubicles of all our bedrooms. The reviewer mentions that she had no problem with any staff member, and was checked in by a 'lovely lady'. This suggests that she is writing about the experiences of others rather than herself. The lovely lady who checked her in was also the same staff member who asked the party to try and keep the children seated while hot food and beverages were being served. The night porter was asked to serve drinks to non-residents and was not in a position to do so, and this was received badly by some members of the party.
The management and staff endeavour to make our guests stay at the Maples House Hotel memorable for all the right reasons, and we proactively try to resolve any concerns of guests as soon as they are known to us. Unfortunately, on this occasion, we did not get the opportunity to address this guest's complaint on the day, as it was not brought to our attention until it appeared in the review. We will endeavouer to continue to provide warm, friendly service in order that our guests have the most positive experience at the Maples House Hotel.

Manager

Reviewed 20 December 2011

Perfect little hotel tucked away but still within walking distance of city centre. Loads of free parking available outside. Rooms are cosy, clean and modern. Free wi-fi provided. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Would stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Stayed here on numerous occasions. Great location, tasty food, free internet and clean modern rooms as well as "always" friendly staff. Always try to stay here when I'm working near the city.

Date of stay: November 2011