“Excellent hostel!”

Ranked #8 of 106 Speciality Lodging in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent hostel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

Stayed here last week and could not fault any of the services. Very friendly staff, great location right in the heart of the city and the Breakfast and free WIFI an added bonus. The room was very clean and spacious so I would have no hesitation in recommending to others wishing to stay in Dublin.

Room Tip: Talk to the staff on the front desk and let them know your exact requirements. I did and they had no...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank NJH21

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Polish first
Cairo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

I just came from 2 days at Abbey Court, Dublin. Good location (city center), super clean with nice computer room, games room and cinema room. Although the shower was tiny, but the water was nice. The free WIFI was the man of the show, and it literally works from the bed. Breakfast is not bad, but I think it is not enough for serious eating (toast+jam, corn flacks and tea/coffee).

Rooms are small, en-suite bathroom is tiny. But for only the sleeping hours, I don't think it a big deal.

The worst things in this hotel are the door open/close and nearby-shower noise all the night. If you are a light sleeper, prepare for your worst nightmares :D

I went to abbey on Halloween weekend, so it might be from the busiest times in this hostel. I am sure that in other times is less busy and less door open-close noise.

Room Tip: Choose room with smaller number of people. Try to get ensuite room also, going out of the room to go...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

My friends and I chose this hostel because of the amenities--namely free internet and breakfast included. The location is also great, and we found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We stayed in the 24 bed dorm, which was OK. People were constantly going in and out throughout the night, and although that's to be expected, it's definitely something to consider if you are a light sleeper! Overall, we were pleased with our experience, especially considering it was so cheap!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank halliejo
Nowra, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

I booked an "en suite" room here on the basis of "off street parking". We had stayed in the neighbouring hotel a week previously and parking was in a remote location so I was looking for a little more convenience upon our return to Dublin. So, I booked and paid in advance for our last night in Ireland.
On checking in I learned that "off street parking" does not mean local parking. It was nearly as remote as that provided by the hotel.
The room was cramped, with nothing more than a bed, bedside table and wardrobe. Not even a TV set! The "en suite" was so small that you had to turn sideways to dry your back.
My complaint to reception fell on deaf ears. "We are catering for a different market," was the response. Why then does the tariff exceed the hotel next door where the rooms are larger, equipped with some creature comforts, and which includes a traditional Irish breakfast.
Abbey Court is a rip off. Be warned.
Incidentally, I was told that management would be in touch with me to discuss these issues. Still nothing. Why am I surprised?

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank TwoofOz
bobbyod, Manager at Abbey Court, responded to this review, 3 November 2011
Thank you for your comments. We run a first class hostel in the city centre, our parking is less than 100 yards from our Hostel so I do not see how you can call it remote. A lot of establishments I have stayed in over the years, the parking has been at least 5 mins waking distance and in a lot of cases up to 8 mins walk away. I have never stayed in a hostel anywhere in the world where there has been a tv in the bedroom. Our hostel is not the Ritz but neither our our prices. All our rooms are compact ,spoitlessly clean and our reviews on hostelworld speak for themselves. For further information visit our website at www.abbey-court.com. If you are comparing us to our sister hotel our product is completly different. From time to time they offer prices below ours as a marketing strategy to win more business but it is fair to say our prices most of the time are way below any hotels. Abbey Court was voted second best hostel in Ireland for September 2011.

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

My friend and I stayed recently in the Abbey Court Hostel which is in the heart of Dublin City Centre which was perfect for us as we spent all our time in the city exploring Dublin's many attractions. We were greeted by the friendliest of staff, who kindly showed us around the hostel before we checked in. It was my friends first time to stay in a hostel and she was extremely surprised to see that they have a hammock room and a cinema room! We made the most of the hammock room, it was nice to have somewhere else to chill out other than the room. The hostel is the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. The cleaners must work 24 hours a day! We enjoyed fresh fruit salads for breakfast in a bright and airy breakfast room. The staff are a credit to the owners as they went out of their way to help us by suggesting places to visit. I will recommend the Abbey Court to my friends and family due to its, location, cleanliness, friendliness and overall atmosphere. Thanks guys :) We will be back.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends