“Mediocre food. Nice cocktails.”
Review of Thunder Road Cafe

Thunder Road Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Thunder Road Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #577 of 2,853 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

We went for a quick pre theatre dinner.
The best thing about the restaurant was the service. Each table has a decide which allows you to call your server any time you want them and they arrive immediately we were served by Livia who was excellent.

We ordered two passion fruit caiprinhias which were delicious.

Our starters were the thunder road zingers and potato skins which were both very tasty.

I ordered the chicken fajitas which they claim is their speciality. My friend ordered the enchilada. Both were extraordinarily bland. Both of these dishes are usually e most flavoursome things on a menu but somehow thunder road managed to make them tasteless. We didn't have time to complain as we were in a hurry but we didn't finish either of our meals.

We ordered another two cocktails which were again delicious but we were disappointed with our meals.

Perhaps we were just unlucky enough to order the wrong things but I wouldn't rush back as a result.

1  Thank Daisybelles
Write a ReviewReviews (1,063)

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

I first came to this place 20 years ago for a friend's birthday and it's as good now as it was then!

With their great menu, electric atmosphere and excellent customer service, (special mention to Livia and Darko) they are by far the best restaurant in Templebar and one of the best in Dublin.

Pricing is excellent and as a bonus, kids eat free Sat and Sun. A must if you are in town and hungry!

So good, I'm actually writing this review sitting in Thunder Road on a return visit!

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Went to have lunch and the atmosphere was very nice.The waiter was very friendly and the food was brought out very quick and hot. The onion rings are amazingly good. The wings were fantastic with a great taste. They do have a lot to choose from and a full bar as well. if you like a sports bar this is a nice place to go and enjoy your time.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

We chose this restaurant because the menu catered for my broad taste in food and my mum's simple taste in food. We both chose the fish & chips, which Roman was able to confirm was cod (for my mum). Benny & Roman were excellent on checking back on us. Service was quick but not too quick and we weren't rushed off our table after finishing our food, plenty of time to have our drinks.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

There are so many restaurants to choose from in Dublin. My sister and I were lucky in picking Thunder Road as our first restaurant for dinner. The food and atmosphere were fantastic - huge portions of really tasty food with top notch service. Our waitress, Ana, was particularly accommodating and friendly. We went back two more times during our 7 day visit!