“Great meal”

Price range: US$13 - US$58
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bar Italia, an authentic Italian Experience. It is Italy...on your doorstep. Stone oven pizza , hand made pasta , chargrilled steak , selected beers and italian wines
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a lovely meal here - bruschetta, croquettes and steak. Finished off with a tiramisu. Excellent service.

David I, General Manager at Bar Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

hi Shauna c
the entire team is delighted
we look forward seeing you soon again
ciao e grazie

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Celebrated a 50th birthday here last night.We were a group of 10 people. All were very satisfied with our experience.Staff are excellent in that they they are efficient and courteous.Food was top class.As a main i had a rissotto with venetian sausage and Panna cotta for dessert.I found it really authentic Italian.I want to thank the staff for providing a fine dining experience.
I highly recommend this restaurant and will return.

David I, General Manager at Bar Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

hello
thank you very much for taking the time to review our restaurant
we are delighted with your feedback
grazie e arrivederci a presto

Reviewed 4 May 2018

We were attracted to Bar Italia by the pre-fix menu and a change of pace (so much pub food in the past few days!). While the array of dishes to choose from was nice, the three course pre-fix menu seemed like a good deal for the price. The appetizers were outstanding--very generous portions for both the charcuterie/cheese board and the salmon. However, the entrees weren't very good. The Saltimboca was really just a nice piece of chicken in a salty sauce and not the delish dish I was expecting. The gnocchi was gummy and had a really weird mouth feel, but the Bolognese wasn't terrible. We ended up skipping the dessert after the mediocre dishes, but we did enjoy a nice bottle of wine. The complimentary champagne drinks were also nice.

While I would not recommend this for dinner, I would say to stop for a glass of wine and appetizers!

hello coley5454
thank you for reviewing our restaurant
we are delighted that you have enjoyed the starters , the wine and the prosecco cocktails
re the mains i must say they are very very popular dishes and the gnocchi being home made they are bigger than usual standards and there is more a bite to it than the commercial ones. the chicken dish is a unique recipe from Rome and it has a nice contrast between the natural saltiness of the parma ham dop and sweetness of the marsala wine Doc , i can accept that may be it does not suit every palate. we would have preferred you mentioning this when we asked you if you were happy with the food on the day so we could have replace the dish with something more to your liking
Finally we have on the menu some 25 plus main courses spanning from pizza to pasta , fish and steaks so to say not to go here for mains after having tried 2 of them is a very bad statement , especially if you are used to italian main stream food and not regional one, may be next time stick to spaghetti and lasagne
grazie e arrivederci

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Found our usual place across the river was closed for renovation and spotted Bar Italia as we walked across the pedestrian bridge. Unassuming building on the corner of passage connecting with Luas stop at Jervis, walk in no problem at 6.30pm, friendly welcome from Italian waiting staff and quickly seated with menu. Very good choices and opted for chicken saltimbocco for me and the gnocchi for the wife. Our server offered other veggie options but she was happy with her choice. Food was excellent, sauce on chicken and side of rosemary potatoes was very tasty; wife enjoyed her gnocchi too...no time for desserts but we will no doubt return next trip. Good value at €43 including a very good glass of sauvignon...

1  Thank ExpatKL88
David I, General Manager at Bar Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

hi ExpatKL88
thank you very much for your feedback.
the team is highly rewarded by comment like yours
we hope to see you soon again
grazie e arrivederci

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

I ordered fried calamari and it was disgusting... Unsalted and Fried not well. It tastes like nothing.

David I, General Manager at Bar Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

hi Brenda B
we are so disappointed in reading your review.
what i find bizarre is the "so so" title and the 1 star rating. I wonder there were other dishes tried and not mentioned that may be worth an extra star or 2 ?
Also bizarre that you only have talked about the calamari.
As a restaurant policy all our waiters ask our customers if they are happy with their food , so i wonder (again ) why did you not mention anything and cleaned the plate ?
We are an independent restaurant opened since 19 years, the owner is on site everyday as well as 2 managers , customer service is one of the best in the industry , so if there is a problem we know about it and we rectify them .
So i find your review a bit of a fabrication and not a true reflection of a culinary experience that you may have had.
Finally, we kindly ask you to look back at your experience and change star rating accordingly
you can always get in touch at info@baritalia.ie
grazie