“Let down”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Healthy
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: We are Modern Thai Eatery serving delicious Thai food, craft beers, funky cocktails and wines from around the world. We offer all this in a relaxed ambiance with friendly service and plenty of value. We feature a very popular Set Lunch which includes starter, main course and a drink for €14,95. We also offer our Early Bird menu every evening from 4.00 Which costs €21,95 and includes a starter, a main course and tea or coffee. Our Wine Sale includes all wines at half price on Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays . We are very centrally located between Temple Bar and Grafton st.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

After looking forward to the #1 rated Thai restaurant in Dublin according to TA I felt safe in the knowledge that it should be pretty decent. However, I feel that whoever has reviewed this place before has probably only ever eaten Thai once. After eating Thai all over the world, including Thailand, for the ramped up price you are receiving very little value. Presentation is poor and basic, the food is of little taste too. For the price I urge you to go elsewhere. The green chicken curry which is most likely the most popular dish ordered on the menu is a bit dull and not as fragrant and vibrant as you’d expect. The tofu my girlfriend had in her stir fry was an absolute dried up sponge. The chocolate brownie dessert was bloody good though, but that’s not enough.

Gary W, Owner at Red Torch Ginger, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi Nav
thank you for your visit and your review. I am disappointed that you didnt enjoy your food. We have a lot of regular customers who dine with us frequently. I have been to Thailand a few times and I think our food is as good as any I tasted there. Our Green Curry, which you ordered the other night, is one of our best-selling dishes and many people tell us that our Green Curry is the best that they have tasted in Ireland. Obviously all taste is subjective. I am sorry that your visit was not a happier one. I do wish you had spoken to June, our Thai manager who was running the restaurant last Saturday night when you were here. She would have been delighted to address any issues you had and changed your food for you. We do want all our guests to enjoy their visits so its disappointing for us too when we see comments like yours. Thank you again for choosing to try us out.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,296)

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

This has fast become my favourite restaurant in Dublin. Everything is on point from the food to the amazing staff and stunning decor. I love the warm welcome you receive at the door and the staff are all so lovely.
I like my food incredibly hot and when I ask for extra spice they never fail to deliver. The Singapore noodles are to die for. Great cocktails too. A friend of mine who had never had Thai food is in love with this place after having the massaman curry. Go here immediately!!! :)

Gary W, Owner at Red Torch Ginger, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Well BeatsnEats
What can I say to your fabulous review! Thank you so much for the very kind words. Our chefs want our guests to enjoy their food and our waiters and managers want you all to have a relaxing and enjoyable experience. I am delighted to see that you love our food and our service and the ambiance and our cocktails........
Thank you for sharing the love and see you soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

This is one of my favoutite restaurants in Dublin. As usual food was fantastic. Staff were very friendly as as a VIP/regular we got iur free cocktails. Whats not to like.

Thank you Mary for your lovely review.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Food was very tasty, staff were friendly and efficient. Will be returning for dinner and drinks and cocktails

Savanna, Thank you very much for your visit and your wonderful review.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We booked online beforehand and got two cocktails for free. The meal was very tasty and good value indeed. We had crispy prawn (9)and duck dim sum (10) for starters- both good. For mains we had massaman beef curry and duck pad Thai...The portions were quite large and each was well prepared- we would highly recommend this restaurant for a meal out. Without drinks the meal cane to 61euro. The service was quick and friendly.

Gary W, Owner at Red Torch Ginger, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hi Miss Basel
Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent visit. I am delighted to read your very positive comments about your meal. Its lovely to read how much you enjoyed your food and the service too. Thank you for sharing the love on TA!