“Take Away”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

As a long standing customer of the Chrysanthemum both eating in and out I have to say it’s a poor reflection of what it used to be. Recent Management change (Michael) and a significant drop in quality food. The service and attitude has also sadly dropped. I for one miss the very pleasant disposition of Michael. Pity now the food has taken a drop in quality.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I dropped in early one midweek ( about 5ish ) ,
We were surprised to find only 2 other tables were occupied , we were tempted by the waitress into having the early bird - 3 courses for €11.95 ( i think that was the price - if not it was very close ) , anyway it seemed incredibly good value .
My wife had spring roll to start while i had shredded chicken , they were both fine ( if a little on the small side )
For our mains we both kept it simple and had a chicken curry with fried rice - have to say the chicken in it was really bad , and we certainly couldn't eat it ,
We probably should have left there and then but as the waitress was so nice we decided we would stay for dessert - it turned out to be a scoop of vanilla ice cream .
Now , i know some would be happy at getting a 3 course meal for €12 ish , but I thought it was disappointing and we weren't impressed

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Great value, lovely food and early bird goes on till late. Nice atmosphere in restaurant, excellent staff.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

I was bit skeptical about this place, but happy that we tried it. The food is way better than any Chinese restaurant I tried in the city centre and in Dundrum area. Their shredded beef is crispy and spicy as expected

Reviewed 11 April 2017

26th March, Mothers day, my husband, my daughter and myself decided to go out for dinner. As we hadn't booked in advance most placed were booked out. This was 6 O'clock. Tables might be free about 8. We headed for The Chrysantenmum at the Orchard. Got a table straight away. Staff lovely, friendy and helpful. This wasn't our first time in this Restaurant, many times before and the food was really good. This time the food was dry and tasteless. Not busy maybe 3 or 4 other tables occupied. Duck cantonese style was so dry. No prawn crackers offered, even though other tables had them. 100 euro!