“Great fish and chips”

The Larder Restaurant & Brew House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Larder Restaurant & Brew House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #146 of 2,871 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$18 - US$43
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: Modern Irish Restaurant serving quality driven Food & Drinks. We Brew our own beer, roast our own coffee and grow in our own walled garden.
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

My wife and I found this restaurant by chance as were walking through the Temple Bar area. It's a small cozy restaurant with very good food. My wife ordered the fish and chips which she said was delicious and she commented on the freshness of the fish. I ordered the lamb burger which also was delicious. They serve several local craft beers. Unfortunately their bathroom is down a steep flight of steps which my wife who uses a wheelchair could not use.

1  Thank efitzma155

Reviewed 19 October 2016

We have eaten at "the Larder" on two different occasions now and have had a great experience both times. Ive always asked for a nice corner table from where you have a nice private spot but can see all the comings and goings. Now the food! very clever and lovely choices, the menu is presented on an old fashioned clipboard. I was very happy with my choices, lovely presentation and very attentive staff but not in your face.
The Lamb burger is just delicious and if you have room left you just have to try the divine bread & butter pudding!! A very good wine list is also on offer. Looking forward to our next visit in the near future.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

Made a reservation on opentable app, very last minute. Food was very good, service was excellent. Our particular waiter was very observant, on the ball, polite and efficient. All three of us decided on the lamburgers for main course with chunky chips. Mine came with smoked gubbeen, partner had tatziki and friend had the pancetta (being Italian). Had a lovely red Italian wine to accompany our meal. Would highly recommend The Larder.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

Went there twice, second time on a work invitation, otherwise wouldn't have gone there again. The first time we waited 45 minutes for a main course each, so with a 1 hour lunch break you can't really go there. The burger my colleague had was horrendous and the other dishes either greasy or salty. The 2nd time around we had to wait a bit shorter, but therefore the waitress looked very easily nerved and unwelcoming. My cottage pie with mash was an absolute insult, salty and extremely small. It would not even do as a starter in most places. Once you can be unlucky, but i definately won't go there again... done and dusted

Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

had a beautiful meal here last night! Lovely little space, great service on a busy night and wonderful food. We both had the chicken wings! Highly recommended!! I had a delicious lamb burger with lots of trimmings and thick cut chips! M y other half had the braised beef blade and he was highly impressed.

3  Thank elainesm1984