“Good price for good value”
Review of The White House

The White House
Ranked #167 of 188 Galway B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 November 2017

The place seems to be in decay, but has very good location. About 15 minutes to the center of Galway (walking), just by the beach. Lots of restaurants and cafes nearby. All was alright for the price offered. Owner was nice and talkative. Recommended places to go to in the evening.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 September 2017

The room was large warm & clean, towels and soap prepared. The accommodation is next to the sea and the city is a short walking distance.The staff were friendly and very helpful and told us all the good spots to eat and were to find live music ,

I did read some of the reviews people put up about the White House b&b and was not sure what to expect when we arrived (YOU CAN'T KEEP SOME PEOPLE HAPPY I GUESS ) If you want 4 or 5 star accommodation you have to pay for it . The White House is perfect of a cheap nite out in galway not to expensive and you get what you pay for. Did not have the breakfast but the breakfast room was full the next morning when we were heading back with happy people.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I didn't check reviews on the bnb wish I had I would of never booked it, Check in after 4pm not a minute earlier, The girl barely spoke to me didnt know what room I was allocated, taking payment no conversation at all, I hadnt booked breakfast but booked while in the hotel which is alot dearer than Booking.com prices, i didn't check the room until i had returned later that night I was horrified in what I found, after pulling back
the quilt i found a paper thin sheet with stains and long black hairs I went to find the porter JayJay, he tried to say it was the linen company's fault but clearly wasn't the sheet was actually been used as a mattress protector it was horrendious, after Jayjay left i checked the rest of the room and was mortified in my findings The shower rail was rusty and broke, a large mirror with a broken large part, there was a plug socket hanging off but still been used, I was in Galway at a busy time so i knew it would be impossible to find another hotel so i put up with it, breakfast is pre booked the dining area was right next to my room which woke me in the morning, the sparing cerial and very dried looking fruit the cooked breakfast was just put down in front of you it was very overcooked and dried up the bacon was horrendous to eat, how ever owns this bnb needs to look at what is going on there was a note on the office door at 8pm saying the porter was away and if you needed him just to call the mobile number clearly not that of a working paid employee, i was so glad to be leaving, i have added pictures of the room

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Anjie P
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Stayed here for one night, and would certainly not have stayed more.

On arrival note on the door back shortly, 20 minutes later after waiting in the pouring rain we gained access to the hallway only because other residents were going out.

The main hallway has a tiled floor, but not non slip, therefore, they were lethal whilst wet.

A gentleman finally turned up but had no idea what was going on or who should be in which room, when finally sorted although our room was clean that is about as far as it goes. The bathroom was in serious need of attention.

Breakfast the next morning had been precooked and kept warm, therefore it was dried up by the time it reached your plate.

I would not stay here again and would not recommend, there are far better places for less money

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this bnb for 2 nights, location was ok as it was located opposite the beach however was about a 15/20 minute walk into Galway. The staff were friendly and helpful. However the hot water never worked so had to have freezing cold showers. The room itself was a decent size as we was out most of the days so was only there to sleep and shower. I assumed because it was a bnb the breakfast was included but on arrival we was asked if we wanted to pay for it which we decided not to do. Overall an average bnb but not worth the price.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple