“Will defo go back best hostel iv ever stayed in” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kinlay Hostel Galway

Kinlay Hostel Galway
Waterford, Ireland
“Will defo go back best hostel iv ever stayed in”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Stayed here for two nights with 3 of my friends great location and excellent value for money the room was clean and warm and staff were nice and friendly would recommend it to anyone looking to go to Galway on a budget weekend or holiday

• Stayed February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

Located on Merchants Road which is about 2 - 3 mins away walk from Eyre Square.

I spent there two nights. Though the hostel is very nice and staff friendly and helpful, I had a very bad experince with my room mates (which I didn't know) in a 6 bed ensuite room. I didn't mind they came back more than tipsy but I did mind that they were allowed to bring some strangers to the room from a night out in some of local pubs. Later on during the night I was awaken by two couples having sex (with the ladies brought up from a pub). I tried to get out of the room but was not allowed as someone was asleep by the door and I could not move that person. So you can imagine, how terrified I was. I didn't sleep for the rest of the night and at six in the morning I packed my staff and thankfully got away from the room. The staff at the desk seemed worried. After all explanation what had happened I was asked why I didn't leave the room. Well, the night receptionist didn't obviously give a damn and didn't care.
It's a pitty because it is a very nice budget hostel but after experience like this, next time when I am in Galway I book my accommodation somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank AnnaKurcinova
Dublin,Ire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

Went with a large group (25+) of friends from college. Great location. Hostel was clean. Showers were warm. They had a lovely common area so we could watch the x factor and have a few drinks before heading out.
No curfew/security checks.
Elevator to all floors.
Communal toilets/showers well looked after.
Adequate bed clothing.
Warm room (we slept with window open in November!)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

I went with 5 other friends and we enjoyed the staying.they were nice giving us an entire room;I think it's very important for a hostel!
Rooms are good and the location is excellent.
Good breakfast!