“Great spot in the heart of gakway city”
Review of Eyre Square Hotel

Eyre Square Hotel
Ranked #28 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Stayed here on a Hen a few weeks ago. Had a range of ladies from 18 up to 55 and they all said how impressed they were with the hotel. All of the staff couldnt have done any more for us from start to finish and were more than obliging at any requests made.
The bar food was gorgeous as was the breakfast. Rooms were lovely, beds comfy and very warm.
Definitely would stay here again.

Room Tip: Due to its fantastic location its a very lively spot which isnt everybody's dream getaway
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Yes this hotel can get a little noisy due to it's very central location. That's the Galway experience though - music and fun! Despite the location I did manage to sleep even though my room was located facing the main street. Rooms were clean and adequate. Staff were friendly and helpful and breakfast was great. Jet lag had me up pretty early and the guy in the kitchen let me sit in the restaurant before it opened, made me coffee and brought me a croissant when it was fresh out of the oven. So good!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We stayed at the Eyre Square for two nights. Had a decent room on the first floor. Hotel staff were very friendly. Room was clean. Beds a bit hard but OK. It was rather warm out and there was no bathroom fan, so the room was very warm after showering. (Of course, no AC) but tolerable. The hotel restaurant/bar was nice and the breakfast was great. We ate lunch or dinner at pubs, mostly, but other guests enjoyed dinner there. The restaurant is lovely with very nice decor. The waitstaff was friendly. The eggs benedict was fabulous. Best part of this hotel is location...easy walk to lots of shops, Eyre Square, and great pubs. I recommend An Pucan, a great pub just across the street. There is a car park only a half block or less away and cost 6.50 Euros for 24 hours of parking. We took the Galway hop on/hop off tour for 12 Euros, and it was okay. Very quick tour, only an hour, but you get to see the Galway sights and the tour guide was entertaining. My only complaint was a constant "thunk" noise that kept waking me at night. I realized too late that is was our room door clunking with the pressure change when anybody opened the door to the stairwell. I should have wedged a towel under the door to stop it. I heard the same noise from other doors above us or nearby.

Room Tip: Check your door to see if it closes tightly or has a "clunk." Wedge it shut so keep it qu...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2017

On arriving at this hotel I was amazed at how friendly the staff were, as I opened the front door I was greeted by the reception staff who gave me the biggest smile and most friendliest and warmest welcome that I have ever received in any hotel that have ever stayed in. All the staff who work in this hotel were extremely helpful and there was nothing that was too much trouble for them, they greeted you whenever they met you with huge smiles and although they were fully booked for the duration of my stay I was made feel like I was the only customer staying there at that time. The hotel was beautiful and extremely clean and the food was to die for. This hotel is situated right in the centre of Eyre Square in Galway and was a fantastic place to explore all the sights of Galway from. I would have no problem whatsoever with recommending this hotel to anyone who wants to experience Galway for either business or pleasure and I myself will definitely be returning to it in the very near future for another amazing holiday.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Mrs_D_Meehan, Front Office Manager at Eyre Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Siobhan

We were delighted to receive your fantastic review of Eyre Square Hotel. We pride ourselves on our level of customer service. We really appreciate your feedback for food and service and hope that you will return to us again soon.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Eyre Square Hotel

Kindest regards

Deirdre Meehan
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

I'm here at 4.07am writing a review as I am wide awake with my teenage daughter as the noise is soooo bad from the rooms around me...they sound like a group of young lads on the tear (fair play)...but this is a bit much, seriously, they sound like they are going to come in through the wall !!!!! I can't get hold of anyone in reception...my experience has not been great here as we had to be moved from our original room as it was very smelly and opened up onto the back overlooking the bins...they did however put us in a much nicer room straight away. Location excellent, bar food lovely hotel a bit run down but cheap and cheerful. ...but I'm so tired and a long drive ahead.....not a family hotel

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank doodlebops8

Dear doodlebops8

Please accept my apologies for the issues that you encountered during our stay. I am investigating into the issues that occurred. We have staff on 24 hours a day to cater for guests requirements.

We are currently under a complete refurbishment to bring the whole hotel up to a fresh modern feel.

If you wish to contact me, please do so at info@eyresquarehotel.com or 091 569633 any time and I would be only too happy to help in any way I can

Yours sincerely