“Stopped off to get some food, but wasn't impressed with the service or staff's lack of customer service!”
Review of Eyre Square Hotel

Eyre Square Hotel
Ranked #28 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 12 November 2017

I arrived in Galway off on a long bus journey and I was hungry so I decided to stop at this place and get a quick bite to eat, I wasn't impressed by the general lack of customer service given by the staff on duty, as I was waiting nearly 15 minutes to be served by a member of staff. Ordered the burger, but I wasn't impressed with the burger, and the chips were like a day old leftovers, left a bitter aftertaste in my mouth, not at anytime did any of the servers come to me to see was I satisfied, so I just walked out. Won't be back to this place again.

Room Tip: Wouldn't recommend the food here!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel was very quaint and the employees were so friendly and helpful. Parking is a bit tedious for check in. Wish that was clarified better. I would stay here again if in Galway. There is a lot of history in this area and convenient to travel south, east and north as hotel is centrally located. The shopping area with restaurants and entertainment is easy as you can walk to and fro.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2017

My wife and I enjoy traveling to Galway just to relax. We found this very nice hotel by accident and stay there every time we visit. Since we travel by train the location is ideal, being about 100 meters from the train station. There is a Centra market directly across the street from the hotel entrance. The staff are friendly and helpful, but sometimes they have their moments. The room is not huge, but large enough, clean and the bathrooms are fine with plenty of hot water, water pressure, and towels. Sleep quality has always been good with no excessive noise at night. It's not the Ritz but very comfortable. The breakfast in the morning is excellent and I think the Eggs Benedict was the best I have ever eaten anywhere including Dublin and New York City.

What we also like is the hotel has a Rewards system for staying there on numerous occasions to encourage you to come back. We stayed there in September and October and will be back again in the near future. The hotel is close to everything by foot. Galway is very pedestrian friendly.

M. Greg Miller
Ennis, County Clare

Room Tip: We like the street side to watch people and traffic.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Mrs_D_Meehan, Manager at Eyre Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear Greg M

Thanks you so much for taking the time to post your review of us. We really appreciate your lovely comments and we are delighted that you have made our hotel your Galway Hotel of Choice.

We look forward to seeing you again soon
Many thanks
Deirdre Meehan

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the Eyres Square hotel Oct bank holiday weekend and we had so much fun. Hotel was clean and basic; but you’re in Galway so time spent in the room is minimal. Staff at the hotel were great. So helpful and very fun. We ended up in the residence bar and staff didn’t rush to get us out. Made our trip extra special. Location is perfect also. A few minute walk to all the bars and restaurants. Would definitely recommend and will also stay here again. Also the food in the bar was fantastic and very reasonably priced.
Great weekend with lots of memories made with the girls!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Claire H

Dear Claire H

Many thanks for your lovely review. It was great to hear you had a great Girls Weekend away. The hotel is ideally located for a girls weekend away, with shopping and local hot spots within a very short walk.

We hope that we will see you again.

Many thanks
Deirdre

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel needs to be updated. Arrived in the room and the switch to turn on the electricity doesn't even work. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls in places and the paint on the bathroom door was also peeling. In fairness the room was clean and central location was good. Not worth the price in my opinion.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends