1,591 results
All reviews city centre nice hotel bar food reception staff bit dated bus stop hen party family room eyre square from start to finish flannerys taxi ireland louise euro cliffs moher
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

me and my partner decided to get away for an overnight stay in this hotel, we booked online and the money was taken from my partners account which I thought was odd but OK, so we went up and told the receptionist we had a booking and that it was paid for, she said they received no payment,and that it wasn't they're problem they didnt do much at all to figure out what happened to the payment so we had to pay again but at a higher price, so for a one night stay at that hotel, we had to pay over 300 quid!, it was ridiculous, we got no dinner or breakfast with the room either and they didn't even offer a complimentary meal for the hassle, it was the next day when we were leaving that they told us it was their problem and that we will get a refund, its been a week and still no refund, I would not recommend this hotel and will never be going back.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AishlingCarey, Guest Relations Manager at Flannery's Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Thank you for your recent review. I am very sorry to hear there was an issue with the payment at the hotel. I have looked into this matter and yes indeed you are correct the card had been charged twice and this was our mistake. This of course is not the norm, we have some new trainee receptionists at the hotel and while we endeavor to ensure everything is run correctly, there can of course be a case of human error and this is what happened on this occasion. I am glad we rectified the problem while you were staying with us and the card was refunded on the day, however some banks take a few days to process the transaction. I know the manager on duty had already apologized to you in person and I do hope you return to us in the future and we will be sure to look after you.

Aishling Carey

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel except that it is stuck in a time warp. The dining room was lovely and and would have been the height of good taste in the 1980s. Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable although look like their decor came from the late 1990’s. Shower had good water pressure and beds were comfy. Unfortunately they were let down by terrible hairdryers. Hotels invest good money in fitting out their rooms, it couldn’t cost too much more to include a decent dryer.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
AishlingCarey, Guest Relations Manager at Flannery's Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you for your recent review of Flannery's Hotel Galway. Thank you for mentioning the comfortable and spacious rooms and the dining room. We have currently undergone renovations which have been very popular with many of our guests as you will see from recent reviews.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

I stayed overnight with my daughter at the cost of €175. We waited at the reception desk to be acknowledged, as the receptionist was taking a phone call. She made no reference to having kept us waiting and gave us the basic information on our room. There was no smile no additional information beyond the room location.
The breakfast was great and cooked to order and the staff were very attentive. Unfortunately the room had no A/C so it was very ward. I found it very expensive for what was on offer.

Room tip: ask about a fan to cool the room
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
AishlingCarey, Guest Relations Manager at Flannery's Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Thank you for your recent review of Flannerys Hotel Galway. I am sorry to hear your were left waiting at reception to check in. As you will see from previous reviews this is most definitely not the norm but please be assured I will be looking into this matter further. Thank you for mentioning the lovely breakfast and the very attentive staff in the dining room.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

As a group of 16 girls we stayed here for a hen party for 2 nights. The hotel itself is clean and nicely decorated. The rooms have everything you need e.g. safe, wardrobe, tv, hairdryer, comfy beds and extra pillows and the rooms are clean and look recently decorated. The breakfast was cooked fresh to order and was very tasty. The staff were all pleasant. There is free car parking and taxis are approx 10 - 15 euro into the city. The bar also had a live band on both friday and saturday night however we went into the city centre.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank KylaPenny

Thank you for your wonderful feedback of Flannery's Hotel Galway. I am glad your group enjoyed there stay and we wish all the best to the future bride on her big day. Thank you for mentioning the clean and nicely decorated hotel and rooms. The staff will be delighted with your feedback aswel as our chefs who prepare such wonderful meals on a daily basis.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Aishling Carey

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

This was a great hotel, just on the outskirts of Galway City Centre. We stayed here 2 nights in a Family Suite and it was some of our best accommodations! Room was split into 2 - one side a king bed the other 2 singles, 2 bathrooms and lots of space. Highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling with kids of any age. Restaurant was good! Morning breakfast was very nice and very filling!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Goodangel2

Many thanks for your wonderful review of Flannery's Hotel Galway. I am delighted to read you enjoyed our large spacious family room and that you found the restaurant good for both dinner and breakfast.

Thank you for also mentioning that it was one of the best hotels to stayed in, in Ireland and that would highly recommend us. It is great to get such wonderful feedback.

I hope you do return to us in the future

Best Wishes