Imperial Hotel Galway
Hotels.com
US$143
US$129
  • Restaurant
Menlo Park Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
The Ardilaun Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$100
US$182
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Westwood House Hotel(Dangan)(Great Value!)
Bunk Boutique Hostel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$74
  • Breakfast included
Clayton Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
Maldron Hotel Galway(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
All reviewscontinental breakfasteyre squaregreat locationcold meatstrain stationcentral hotelyour doorstepfirst floorroom was largecar parkarts festivalbit datedhen partya lovely staylovely hotelyogurtpubs
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

The only good thing about this hotel is the location other than that it is more of a hostel than hotel... we went down for breakfast on the first morning and were hit with cereal, fruit, juice, slices of ham & cheese... so if your looking for a full Irish breakfast or a decent cup of tea then this place isn’t for you...

We stayed for two nights and our room wasn’t cleaned once, there was no stay over service, no fresh towels, no beds made and no rubbish removed from our room... actually over our two night stay we didn’t even see one housekeeper... we only seen them on Monday morning when we checked out...

I’ve never stayed in a hotel that doesn’t clean they’re stayovers...

Great location & good price on room but other than that it’s a no from me

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank emmavaughan24
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

We were there on a lads weekend and the hotel was absolutely perfect for what we needed. Breakfast served until 11.30, late residents bar. Good sized rooms. But it’s the location of the hotel that makes it. It’s right on Eyre Square and the majority of the bars and pubs are all within a 10 minute walk. Ideal for what we needed.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Although the room itself was nice and clean and the location is great, some of the staff were quite rude. I went to the bar early one morning asking for water and was made feel like I was putting the staff out of the way for asking for something so simple. They hadn't put the tills out yet so I was basically shouted at that I'd need the exact change, I gave her a fiver and said she could keep the change and even after that she still wasn't the nicest and never even had the courtesy to say a thank you. Place is nice overall but customer service definitely needs an improvement with some staff.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

The Imperial is centrally located in Galway within easy access of all the shops, pubs and eateries.

The rooms are basic but fine for an overnight stay. The hotel is fairly clean although it was missing some of the finer details you might expect in a hotel.

There is off street parking available, about 3 minutes walk away. The hotel will validate your parking tab which reduces the price to $10 Euro

Breakfast was included in the price and although simple it was sufficient - cereal, toast, juice, tea and coffee.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Anthea W
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

I was let down in another place in galway and on spec I dropped into the imperial to see if they had vacancies and I was fortunate to get a room for 2 nights. Price was fantastic. Firstly I reminisced of the corridors back and forth like a maze. Signs of how long this hotel has been there. But decor, room etc were far from dated. I do a fair bit of travel and this will be my goto anytime back in galway. Big comfy bed, lots of pillows and quilts. Big bathroom with plenty of clean towels, good shower gel etc.. lemongrass!! Nice. Breakfast was clean and cooked perfectly. Staff were all nice and greeted you in passing. Wi-Fi was perfect anywhere and I was down the back. Only thing I would have liked is a newer tv.. travellers now like to use their mobile devices with the tv to watch channels not available in that contry/area. But best I've stayed in for a while.. and at that price a Very, very long time.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo