“Wonderful food and service”
Review of Bricin Restaurant

Bricin Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 191 Restaurants in Killarney
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Set above Bricín Shop, Bricín Restaurant and Boxty House is a well known name on the lips of many people. Opened in November 1991, its popularity is down to the fine food produced by Owner/Chef Paddy McGuire and by the warmth of welcome and hospitality shown front of house by Owner Johnny McGuire. Between them they have an exceptional product that has been 21 years plus in the making.
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Had an excellent dinner, really tasty food, excellent service with friendly staff and great atmosphere. Couldn't recommend enough!

2  Thank Eoin M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,540)

Reviewed 30 October 2017

We arrived at the restaurant after a strong recommendation from our innkeeper. The restaurant is upstairs over an Irish craft/tourist store, directly connected by a staircase in the center of the store. We had not made a reservation due to weather and time of day and were welcomed easily by staff. We chose the 2 course early bird special which was fair value. I chose a boxty lamb main dish ( Irish saying: "boxty on the griddle, boxty in the pan, if you can't make boxty, you'll never get a man") while my companion chose a chicken dish. Both were good, hearty and well presented. Service was attentive and efficient, and the walnut loaf/bread was a wonderful touch. As it was raining sideways when we were leaving, the operators arranged a local taxi who collectively gathered three couples together and got us back to our respeftive hotels for 5€ a couple dry and content. Pleasant evening and fine meal.

2  Thank Steve G
Reviewed 30 October 2017

My husband and I had dinner at this very pretty restaurant located upstairs in a shop on the main street. I had roast chicken, mash and vegetables but the best part of my meal was the seafood chowder. The best I have ever had. My husband's meal,carrot tarragon soup followed by lamb curry boxity, was very good as well. We did feel a bit rushed after being seated and were asked what we would like to eat before even opening a menu. All in all it was a good meal and we would recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank Rebecca R
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely night here with friends.it was a very wet cold night so was delighted to discover a warm cosy restaurant. The food was really good there were 5 of us and no complaints. I had thai çurry and it was really tasty. 2 of my friends had a type of fish pie and said it was delicious. The deserts were also delicious.the staff were really friendly and the service was good. They kept checking that we had everything we needed.we were there early and when we were leaving it was full. This was a thursday night so i would recommend booking weekends.

2  Thank Bernie C
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Such an amazing place! The atmosphere was cosy and homely, I was welcomed immediately when I got in through the door, the service was very personal, but professional, I got lots of tips what to do with the rest of my holiday here and was continuously asked if I needed anything else and was happy with the food. The waitress even gave me a book with photos of Killarney to spend the time waiting for my food. The food was delicious. I tried the Boxty, which is a local speciality, and really loved it. It was a very good decision in all aspects to go and eat here!

2  Thank JuKo88