“Gorgeous food and lovely service”
Review of Bricin Restaurant

Bricin Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 190 Restaurants in Killarney
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Set above Bricín Shop, Bricín Restaurant and Boxty House is a well known name on the lips of many people. Opened in November 1991, its popularity is down to the fine food produced by Owner/Chef Paddy McGuire and by the warmth of welcome and hospitality shown front of house by Owner Johnny McGuire. Between them they have an exceptional product that has been 21 years plus in the making.
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend went here based on family recommendations and we are so glad we did. The staff are so friendly and nice. Service is excellent! And the food was absolutely gorgeous. We both had bruschetta for starter. Delicious. And for mains I went for Lamb Boxty and he went for Hake and Salmon potato gratin, both are things we would never order but we loved them. Such good comfort food and we can't wait to come back again next time in Killarney.

2  Thank Michellebell2188
Write a ReviewReviews (1,530)

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

We had dinner in this restaurant on Tuesday with out reservation,but I would advise to book table in advance just not to get disappointed.
Service was very friendly and supper fast,but we didn't feel like we being rushed out.
Food was nice fresh and tasty.
Special Boxty curried lamb was one of my choices it was rather unique combination but lamb melted in the mouth.
Worth the visit.

2  Thank LudaDooley
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Had an excellent dinner, really tasty food, excellent service with friendly staff and great atmosphere. Couldn't recommend enough!

2  Thank Eoin M
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We arrived at the restaurant after a strong recommendation from our innkeeper. The restaurant is upstairs over an Irish craft/tourist store, directly connected by a staircase in the center of the store. We had not made a reservation due to weather and time of day and were welcomed easily by staff. We chose the 2 course early bird special which was fair value. I chose a boxty lamb main dish ( Irish saying: "boxty on the griddle, boxty in the pan, if you can't make boxty, you'll never get a man") while my companion chose a chicken dish. Both were good, hearty and well presented. Service was attentive and efficient, and the walnut loaf/bread was a wonderful touch. As it was raining sideways when we were leaving, the operators arranged a local taxi who collectively gathered three couples together and got us back to our respeftive hotels for 5€ a couple dry and content. Pleasant evening and fine meal.

2  Thank Steve G
Reviewed 30 October 2017

My husband and I had dinner at this very pretty restaurant located upstairs in a shop on the main street. I had roast chicken, mash and vegetables but the best part of my meal was the seafood chowder. The best I have ever had. My husband's meal,carrot tarragon soup followed by lamb curry boxity, was very good as well. We did feel a bit rushed after being seated and were asked what we would like to eat before even opening a menu. All in all it was a good meal and we would recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank Rebecca R