“An atmospheric Saturday evening in Killarney!”
Review of Bricin Restaurant

Bricin Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 191 Restaurants in Killarney
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Set above Bricín Shop, Bricín Restaurant and Boxty House is a well known name on the lips of many people. Opened in November 1991, its popularity is down to the fine food produced by Owner/Chef Paddy McGuire and by the warmth of welcome and hospitality shown front of house by Owner Johnny McGuire. Between them they have an exceptional product that has been 21 years plus in the making.
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Three of us went to the Bricin Restaurant on Saturday and it was a lovely evening. We had a reservation (thank goodness, otherwise eating there wasn't an option) and very soon we were brought to our table. Food was very good, well presented, good flavours, and served by a friendly group of staff. If there was any shortcoming, it is that I had the Salmon and Hake fishcakes to start and their temperature was cooler than I would have liked. Not cold, or close, but could have done with a few more degrees! However, in the context of the whole evening, it is a small complaint and perhaps, a minor slip from the kitchen on a busy Saturday night.

One of my companions for the meal had the boxty with chicken; she loved it, and the other, the pork apricot, which he said was delicious. I had the duck breast and again, very good, pink and crispy skin. Plenty of lovely fresh vegatables and colcannon potato.

The wine list isn't very big but a nice selection. We had the Ribbonwood (New Zealand) Pinot Noir and it accompanied the meal really well.

Would I go back; yes! The price was reasonable for the food served. There was a nice, healthy, but not noisy, buzz and atmosphere in the restaurant and other than trying to figure out why there were so many people (tourists?) in Killarney on a late November Saturday ...

Well worth a visit.

2  Thank Gerard B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,540)

Reviewed 13 November 2017

A great place to eat out. Staff were amazing, really good service. The food was delicious. Some of us had no starters but weren't kept waiting too long. Couldn't fault a thing. Highly recommend this place. You go in through a shop and upstairs is a lovely warm welcome.

1  Thank Bawn00
Reviewed 7 November 2017

The meal was extremely tasty. Had the Boxty - a traditional Irish potato cake with beef/chicken or vegetables. Comfortable old style setting. Great service

2  Thank kerry365
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Myself and 3 good friends celebrated my birthday at Bricin based on its rating of third best restaurant in Killarney. We found the food ok, the service staff very friendly but overall the presentation and standard of service quite poor. No effort on the presentation and service stafff not trained very well. This is a shame as I think the produce was good just the some fine tuning could live up to its rating...

1  Thank Gary N
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend were in Killarney for the week for the mid term & our first night we went to bricin & it was so good we went there on our last night. The service, staff, food was amazing. The staff were so friendly and chatty. The food was only amazing, we got steak and I couldn’t fault it. We also got mussels and soup and wow they were full of flavor.

I can’t recommend this restaurant enough. I will be 100% visiting again when back in Killarney

2  Thank Teri Q