“Sunday pizza”

Little Italy Pizzeria Cafe Gelateria
Ranked #42 of 198 Restaurants in Killarney
Description: Casual Italian restaurant & wood fired pizzeria specializing in “Pizza Napoletana”, the traditional Neapolitan pizza, pasta dishes, homemade pastries & Gelato
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Called in here this evening having spotted it a few weeks ago. We immediately felt we where away on holidays with a warm welcome and relaxing atmosphere. Sometimes the food doesn’t match up. NOT IN THIS CASE. We had an Arancini starter followed with two pizzas and sides of chips and sweet potatoe fries. The nicest pizza I’ve had in a very long time. I could not get over how fresh the dough and other food was. We will be back in that alone.

1  Thank Nigel F

Reviewed 1 April 2018

My husband and I were craving authentic Italian pizza but were having some trouble finding a place to go in Killarney. There were plenty of places to get a more commercial style of pizza but we wanted a place with good food and a nice atmosphere. We happened to be walking along the main road in town and spotted a sign for Little Italy on New Market Lane. It was such a lark but we followed the sign to a charming little place. So glad we did. We ordered a cesar salad to share, diavola pizza and calzone. So much delicious food. The dough for the pizza and calzone were perfectly chewy inside with a good crunch outside and a tasty char from the oven. We had a few glasses of house wine to go with our meal. Sadly I didn't have room for dessert but I was sorely tempted by the case filled with gorgeous treats. We took our leftover slices of pizza with us (ate those as a midnight snack, tasted great cold!). Wonderful place for a great pizza or couples night. Next trip to Killarney we will be back!

1  Thank Runrgal86
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Amazing service by seasoned staff and outstanding healthy oven-fired pizza (had the Siciliana with mozzarella, aubergine, basil and parmesan). The chocolate Nutella tart was out of this world (the dessert choices are just too tempting to mention).

1  Thank Holly P
Reviewed 28 March 2018

My husband and I happened upon Little Italy while looking for a place to sit and have coffee early in the day. We were fortunate to meet the owner Angelo and it was decided then that we would return for dinner. We were not disappointed, in fact, for the pizza snobs that we are we were truly happy with our choice of Quattro Formaggi and Margherita. Go for its freshness and taste. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank 45ViaRoma
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Authentic Italian cuisine. Everything was made with fresh ingredients. The brick oven pizza was delicious. Many options to choose from in a quaint atmosphere with additional seating outside. The owner was truly welcoming and service was wonderful. The best food I've had in Ireland yet. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Candice D