“Great tapas”

Price range: US$5 - US$18
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Grapevine Tapas Bar is Kilkenny's favourite casual dining venue.Great food, music and service.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Great food, great service. A wonderful place to get a break from pub food. Nice wines and tapas variety.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

What a place! As avid foodies we were so happy to find this place! We shared the 5 platws between the two of us two for dinner and couldn't get enough.

Don't expect fast food, and don't expect quick service as the place gets super packed (so remember to book!), but if you're up for the experience - you can't go wrong.

We will definately be back!

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Visited here with my boyfriend on a Saturday evening in January. We didn’t have a reservation so we said we would go in and see if they had anything available. The staff member told us they had nothing at that time but would put us on the waiting list and give us a call when a table became free in about a half an hour. We were happy to go and have a drink and came back when we got a call from the waitress. This was all fine! I was looking forward to the meal as the restaurant looked lovely and cosy and seeing as it was busy we thought this was a good sign! When we arrived, we were given menus but the service was really disappointing. We waited at least 20 mins to be served which was annoying after waiting and coming back etc. They didn’t even come to ask did we want drinks etc. When she did arrive, I asked the waitress if the food would take long because we were after waiting so long to be served.. she said no 5-10 mins. Unfortunately this wasn’t the case- but I bit my lip and said to myself chill out the food will be good when it gets here! It took another 20mins..
And no- The food was disappointing! none of the three tapas I ordered were very tasty or that well presented. A real shame as I love tapas food but won’t be back to this restaurant. My bf enjoyed his dishes- maybe it was just a bad night as other reviews read well! I would say they were under staffed but bad service- bad impression!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Delighted to see this restaurant use subtle ramps running along into their restaurant as oppose to steps here and there. It made navigating around in the wheelchair effortless. The waitress also told me they're working on a downstairs toilet which is good to hear as we will be back for more tapas. Great location too!

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

While staying in Kilkenny we decided to try The Grapevine,we were greatly impressed.
The food and service were first rate and the prosecco equally as good,enjoyable ambiance,relaxed and exactly what we were looking for. The choice on the menu suits all tastes and I'd have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant,especially if you enjoy tapas.