“Consistently Great”

Cuisines: Irish, Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

My partner and I have been here a few times now, 4 times to be exact when we visit Kilkenny once a year.
This time the food again was excellent as usual and service with a smile.

I always try something new from my last visit so went for the tagliatelle choacara (forgot the exact name!) basically a creamy garlic sauce with chicken and sun dried tomatoes.
My partner had carbonara which can only be matched in native Italy itself. Also the pasta is hot and stays hot for a long time, don’t know they do it!

In the past I have also tried the carbonara, the pizza and the pasta di funghi (mushroom) and I can recommend all of these dishes.
For a starter you can’t go too far wrong if you like fried prawns either!

As a treat we accompanied our food with a Tommassi Valpolicella and it didn’t disappoint. However we had the House wine here on previous visits and it is good quality. A much higher standard when compared to the normal house wine restaurants offer.

Italy is one of our favorite countries so when we found this place years ago in Kilkenny, it brings back memories every time we dine here. Authentic.

Top tip: If possible try get a table in by the back wall, it’s a nice cosy corner and right next to the wine shelves to spend some time checking out the lovely selection they have on offer

1  Thank Paulieol

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing authentic Italian food cooked by the owner itself. We have eat here for about four years now. Food is amazing! Staff is excellent and we always feel like home ! I would definitely recommend this to everyone ho wants a fantastic meal at reasonable prices.

1  Thank Diana L
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Dinner for two on our wkend away to kilkenny, nice decor in the restaurant and very nice waitress,received our meals promptly and i found that i couldnt eat the carbonara, was extremly dry and little to no bacon it it,so waitress noticed i wasnt eating it and just let her now. So afterwards we went to pay the bill and i informed the cashier that i had returned it and not paying for that particular dish, she apologised and took it off the bill, the kitchen is open and right beside the cash register, the chef came towards us and asked in an abrupt tone, what was wrong with the dish, i didnt feel i needed to go into to much detail and just said i didnt like it, but he got abusive with his language and threatening, i paid the bill and just left. Thank god the other staff were courteous and the same could be said about all the other locals we met.One bad apple hasn't ruined our impression of kilkenny.

3  Thank krameroom
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

My husbands two brothers treated us to dinner here for our anniversary on our recent visit to Kilkenny. The food is amazing and the wine even better. It was packed with very satisfied customers.Apart from the delicious food the staff are friendly and professionalThe restaurant is very comfortable. We will certainly dine there again.

1  Thank Noeleen B
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Food was Great, atmosphere was great, pricing was quite cheap considering how fab the food is which I loved, also the only place I have ever been that has pinot grigio as the house white! Cannot fault this place at all