Newpark Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
Zuni Hotel(Kilkenny)
  • Breakfast included
2,103 results
All reviewspet farmkids cluboutdoor infinity poolpetting zoofamily hotelleisure centreunderfloor heatinglovely hotelgo kartsfamily breaksuperior roomsteam roomgames roomtop classwalk in showereaster breakboth nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We have just returned from two nights at the newpark hotel.

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. Firstly, the staff are all fantastic. Friendly and helpful. Great with the kids.

The food is good. Had a lovely meal in the restaurant and the bar. Breakfast has a great selection.

The bedroom was clean and comfortable. The bathroom looked to have been recently refurbished and was a good size. Great shower.

The pool and the outdoor infinity tub were excellent.

The kids club was amazing. My 3 children loved it. The staff who run it were lovely. And there seemed to be plenty for them to do and keep them busy. This meant that my husband and myself got to properly relax and enjoy ourselves as well. It was a real break for all of the family.

We all enjoyed it so much that I am trying to book again.

Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
jaimehuesca2017, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback.
I am thrilled that you had such an enjoyable stay with us at Newpark Hotel. I am very proud of our team that you acknowledged as being fantastic, friendly & helpful. They will be thrilled with your lovely comments!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Group of 8 of us booked a deal for my mothers 50th birthday. Check in was welcoming the front office manager was great to deal with.
We had afternoon tea on arrival which was super. The terrace area is a beautiful place to sit and have a coffee/drink.
We had executive suites which were very comfortable, clean and spacious. Had a great sleep and everyone complemented the comfy beds.
We each had a 45 minute treatment in the spa on the second day it was amazing. We all loved the outdoor pool.
We had dinner in the restaurant that evening and it couldn’t have been better we were so stuffed afterwards we couldn’t go to town so we stayed in the bar where there was a singer there until midnight.
Breakfast each morning was also brilliant so much choice and it was all delicious.

Every staff member we met were superb and they all went above and beyond for us nothing was too much hassle. Keep up the good work

The grounds of the hotel are stunning such a fantastic place for families.

This place is definitely on our list to return for the next birthday celebration we are only sickened we never came here before.

A huge thank you to Rachel in reservations for booking us we all had an amazing time and mam couldn’t be happier with how it all went.

Will definitely be recommending the Newpark to friends and family.

Dear Katie.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted you had such an enjoyable stay and found our team to be superb. Many thanks for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Brilliant for families and especially young kids. We brought both our 5 year old and 2 year old kids and they loved the place. Kids club was excellent. There is a Farm and fairy garden and playground all on site. The kids also loved the indoor play room. The leisure facilities are great too.
Every staff member that we came across could do enough for us. breakfast was great and had plenty to choose from. This was our first time in this hotel but it certainly wont be our last time
The hotel is run really well and is a credit to the Flynn hotel group. We really enjoyed our few days in the newpark will defo recommend it to others

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am delighted to read you enjoyed the facilites and your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As this is my 5th stay in The Newpark i was more inclined to explore the hotel and surroundings, The swimming pool , Sauna and outdoor hot pool are Very relaxing , the walk around the fen was very refreshing and the Kids farm was great. the location to the town is just right a short walk, and your food was very tasty, i will definitely be back

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed here with my own and extended family for 2 nights B&B and 1 evening meal. The location although easy to get to without driving through the center is not convenient for walking anywhere. Despite the large car park we still found it difficult to get a space especially on the Sat night mainly because of the weddings being held in the hotel. Our room was large and spacious and for the first time ever at any hotel we have stayed in the travel cots we asked for were waiting for us in the room, ready to use and spotlessly clean. The room itself was large and modern. We also had a lovely view onto the rear garden. The bathroom was fantastic! It was really large and came with a walk in shower although the toilet flush did not work properly and needed to be continuously pressed to get it to flush. The downside to the room was it was very very warm even with the heat turned off and there was no a/c. This would put me off staying here in the summer months.The double bed was also a bit narrow.
I did not sleep too well over the two nights.
We had our meal on the first night. I think the overall view was it was fine. I ordered the cod and mackerel as my main. The portion size was really really small and definitely not worth €23. We all decided to go elsewhere the next night and booked Langtons.
The breakfast next morning was a buffet and although limited was very tasty!
The hotel has 2 bar areas. The main bar doubles as a breakfast area. When there is a wedding on the other bar is reserved. Neither were to my taste to be honest. The reserved one came with garden furniture and the other with large red bench seating along with coffee tables. You also had to wait to be seated.
The best part of the hotel are its animal enclosures and fairy village. There were also plenty of slides and swings and even a mini go cart race track. Its great for young children. Its supposed to be for guests only but there are no staff checking who is a guest and who isn't. We did not use the pool but the rest of the clan did and said it was brilliant.
On our last morning the breakfast area was busy. A lovely staff member (all the staff were lovely) managed to get us a table. The highchairs we asked for never turned up so we fed our toddlers from our laps and ate our breakfast separately. At first this was not an issue but the problems only arose later on when the toddlers wanted to seize their chance to run around. I dont remember tasting the food, it went down so quickly.
The family booked a suite room for the grandparents as a gift for their anniversary. The room was a large L shape and came with a balcony. The bathroom was the same as ours and they also had a problem with their heating system. I would skip it next time and stay in a regular room.
Overall I liked the hotel but if I was coming to Kilkenny again I would stay someplace else and visit the animal enclosures separately.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
jaimehuesca2017, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your great review. Your feedback is very important to us! I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay and found our team very friendly. Many thanks for choosing to stay with us and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Warm Regards