“A solic choide”

The Fig Tree Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 247 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Fig Tree Restaurant is built around an ethos of freshly prepared food sourced from local, Irish ingredients, in a relaxed casual dining setting. All of our food is prepared in our kitchen from scratch from our local minced beef for our burgers to our hand crafted cakes and pastries using the finest grains from the local granary. Our coffee is ethically sourced and selected and roasted to our own requirements, offering you the perfect cup every time. To compliment our dishes we also serve O' Hara's Irish Craft Beers and house red and white wine. We place particular emphasis on our service and friendly customer relations, ensuring every guest enjoys their visit. For those with celiac dietary requirements, we provide a range of gluten free options, both savoury and sweet. Our promise is fresh, hand prepared food in a comfortable setting. Looking forward to your visit. Yours, Chef Prop. Thomas Clarke.
Reviewed 26 April 2018

We stumbled across this place as we walked through town. Fresh creative food with an Irish twist. A nice blend of visitors and locals in the place which is always a good sign. Not too expensive either. Great place for brunch.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

This is the only place I go for a vegetarian breakfast in Kilkenny. I'd love if they included some Quorn sausages on the menu, but I have to say the veggie breakfast is delicious, great value and even includes a proper coffee of your choice. Don't miss it!

Reviewed 16 April 2018

I was looking for a place to have lunch with a friend and we went here because they had gluten free options.
The place is nice, and the decoration is really good. The service was perfect, they took care off my meals with the gluten situation.
One of the best thing of that place is that they have gluten free bread, wraps...so you can order a lot of dishes of the menu. And the best is...they have gluten free scones! It was the first time that I tried one, and it was delicious, and homemade!
I ordered a caesar chiken salad and it was tasty. The only negative point was the gluten free bread, it tasted like paperboard. It was a pity because the glutenfree scone was so good taht I expected a good bread.
The price was good for the qualitity and quantity, 12€ for a scone and a salad. I recommend that place if you are coeliac, and even if you aren't coeliac!

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Nice and comfortable atmosphere. We ordered the beer battered hake, house burger, ice tea, coke and sweet potato fries - my hake was fine, my husband’s burger patty was a little dry, but the relish was nice. I enjoyed the sweet potato fries.

Our bill was €32 - think we got charged for the mocha/coffee the table next to us ordered but it was too late when we realized it and we didn’t ask for the receipt.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Myself & partner were in Kilkenny for the weekend & found this little cafe on a Sunday morning. It looked busy from the outside & we decided to brunch here. We were welcomed by friendly staff & got seated upstairs which was just as busy as downstairs. My boyfriend had the full Irish breakfast which he said was very tasty. I went for the toasted special & it was the tastiest toasty I have had in a long time. This was a great little find.