Butler Court
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Kilkenny
See available hotels
Pembroke Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
Zuni Hotel(Kilkenny)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
View Hotel
All reviewscontinental breakfastyogurtparking garagekilkenny castleb bmini fridgetraditional irish musicher husbandperfect locationbrown breadgreat hostsrestaurants and pubslonger stayking bedgreat place to stayrental carfirst stop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed three nights at Butler Court and loved it. The hotel is very conveniently located in Kilkenny. If arriving by bus, the stop is across the street, not even a two minute walk. The hotel has views of the Butler House and Kilkenny Castle.
We were greeted by John and he took the time to make notations on a map with their recommendations. We hit nearly every spot, and enjoyed them all.
The room is very clean and well appointed. As a habit ( or sometimes a curse) from my profession, my eye automatically goes to certain areas in a hotel room. This room and ensuing bathroom were updated and sparkling, and we were very comfortable.
The Continental breakfast in the room was very ample. I love the pour over coffee provided. It was easy, neat and I had my fresh, hot (not instant) coffee in a couple short minutes. There were at least five pieces of fruit and fresh bread. There was cereal and milk also. We did not go elsewhere for breakfast, this was plenty.
We met Yvonne their dog Beau the next morning. They were both very welcoming and friendly. Yvonne has a great knowledge of what is happening in town and she is very personable. Beau the dog was just darling and probably had no idea how much I missed my pup, but she gave me some extra love and came over to me each morning.
We would highly recommend Butler Court to anyone visiting Kilkenny.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed just one night in Kilkenny on our way from Dublin to the Dingle Penninsula, and our only regret is that we didn’t spent more time in this beautiful town or in Yvonne’s lovely B&B! The rooms were spacious, clean, and well appointed, and the old carriage house itself is charming and centrally located. The best past was our greeting from Yvonne, who walked us through a map to orient us to the town and give us recommendations for food and live music. In the morning, Bo the rescue dog made an appearance as we said our goodbyes, and Yvonne was incredibly accommodating - letting us keep the room until we had send the castle and were ready to head to Cashel!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We were visiting to watch my son's band march through town the next day so we only stayed for one night. We felt very comfortable and welcomed. The owner was super kind and helpful. She gave us directions to find the band and ideas of where too sight see.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2018

We loved our stay!!!! Wish it was a wee bit longer but we had to beat the BLIZZARD so we were off early for Dublin..... Thank you Yvonne and John for your great Irish Hospitality and for driving us to the motorway. They opened just for us due to snow storm. Service, value, cleanliness is first class.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Stopped in for one night on and got input from our hostess on exactly what to do with the time we had.......we ended up going to the St. Canice's Cathedral and Round Tower and the Kilkenny castle. She also suggested a pub very close that had some great live music. Self service cold food for our breakfast was provided, perfect for us as we left early and headed to the Rock of Cashel. Three adults - me, my wife and our adult/College daughter. There was a small fridge and the heat was great - also, bathrooms were very nice and more modern than I would have thought. As it was winter, we also appreciated the heat - it was on before we got there and stayed very consistent during our trip.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family