Kilkenny Inn Hotel
  • Breakfast included
US$144
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$182/night.

US$84
Aspect Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$56
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$71/night.

US$106
Lyrath Estate(Kilkenny)
US$164
US$151
Orbitz.com
Abbey House B&B(Thomastown)
Rosquil House(Kilkenny)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsstayed hereclean roomstown centrewithin walking distancefull irish breakfastcar parkwould stay againbooked this hotelnice breakfastshort walktwin roomthree nightslast weekendlovely hotelhen partyyogurtireland
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Booked this as it was a reasonable price and the location is great, just at the brim of the town. I didn’t know when I arrived, and had already paid in advance, that it was undergoing renovations...
The first room I was given seemed a little strange, and then it dawned on me. There were no curtains or blinds. Nothing covering he window that looks into someone flat across the road!
I went straight back down and spoke to the ladies on the counter, who were both absolutely lovely, and they gave me another room. This one thankfully had curtains, but only one plug socket in the room worked, which when needing quick charge on multiple devices was annoying. There were giant holes around the sockets which i guess was part of the renovation process. The shower was as weak as it gets, and the bed was like a stone with springs everywhere. Aside from the staff, the WiFi and the quiet room, there’s not much to write home about.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Will A
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Beautiful, Comfortable, affordable Hotel. Delicious food, and outstanding customer service, They can't do enough for you here, they are so lovely, a special , mention to lovely Louise on the Reception Desk.

Stayed: March 2018
kilkennyinn, General Manager at Kilkenny Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Good Evening Ruth V- thank you for this lovely review. Hope you enjoyed the Hotel & the City of Kilkenny. Hope that you will come back and stay again.
We are very dedicated team to Customer service & assisting guests with all their queries.
Many thanks.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent staff
Exceptional food recently won award for same, our crew of 6 had too work in Kilkenny for 5 weeks we could not fault any part of our stay. Rooms are warm and comfortable with some quirky and very stylish Decor. Restaurant - bar areas are always very clean and staff are always very attentive.
All our team could not rate the food highly enough morning & evening. Really good value and over our 5 week contract we ate there 90% of the time!!!
I personally would like too return with my family to fully relax and enjoy my stay even more. Within 5 mins of main walking- visitor attractions and shopping! This hotel is striving above the trend.
Well done.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Good Day Andrew S
Thank you for this lovely review & if your staying in Kilkenny again, please do give us a call.

Kernel Restaurant recently won awards so we are delighted to have such a wonderful Bar & Restaurant in the Hotel.

We look forward to your visit again.

Regards

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Iv stayed here twice with my partner and I can't praise the staff and customer service enough but I have a few issues. The rooms are small and outdated the bar taps are limited they had no Heineken for example. The price was very reasonable and you pay for what you get but its a pity money wasn't invested into this hotel and make it a gold mine it should be

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you Steveb1984 for your review- We pride ourselves on our customer service & we have a big refurbishment taking place at present & we are looking forward to perhaps seeing you back in 'The Kilkenny Inn' to see this & enjoy the City of Kilkenny.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Difficult to find, but when I rang the receptionist gave me good directions. Good parking. Room average overall, very hot despite Baltic conditions outside - needed to turn off the radiator and open the window. Quiet overall but occasional noise on the corridor from other guests. Breakfast was excellent - Eggs Benedict with salmon - very pleasant and helpful waiter. Was packing up my stuff getting ready to leave when a very nice lady walked straight into my room with a keycard given to her by reception.... She was very surprised to see me in the room... I was very surprised to see her (and glad that I was fully dressed / glad that it was not the middle of the night)... Reception (who had given this lady a keycard for my room) were less than interested to acknowledge their mistake... Disappointing as I would have liked an apology for the breech of privacy/security...

Stayed: February 2018

Good Day Patricia O,
Thank you for the recent review & i am sorry you experienced this visitor to your room whilst in The Kilkenny Inn.
i'm sure one of the team made an error and we would not generally let anyone have a key of another room so again i apologise again profusely.

We have a great team in the Hotel & we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Breakfast in Kernel Restaurant is one of the Best plated breakfasts in the City.

Thank you again.