“Great things to see”

Ballyhoura Walking Trails
Ranked #20 of 116 things to do in Limerick
More attraction details
Owner description: Ballyhoura Country is a walker's paradise offering spectacular walking in ancient and unspoilt landscapes. Whether your interests lie in short, easy walks or long distance walking, whether you prefer guided walks or to organise your walking independently; walkers of all abilities will be invigorated by the sheer beauty and tranquillity of the area. Walking through Ballyhoura Country offers plenty choice to walking enthusiasts, there are exciting nature walks, river bank walks, quiet country roads, the Ballyhoura Waymarked Way, rugged mountains, rich bogs, and mythical landscapes. For further information contact Ballyhoura Bears Walking Club.
Reviewed 24 August 2016

It was a long drive from limerick to ballyhoura. When we arrived we started walking later on we did the mountain walk I couldn't think of one complaint against ballyhoura

2  Thank Charlie N
in 3 reviews
"ireland"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

I went here with my two teenage sons and we all agreed it was a challenging and exciting afternoon of mountain biking. The trails take you through some lovely country side while the tech loops give you that full on mountain biking experience that definitely isn't for the faint hearted. We rented the bikes on site from Trail Riders and even though we had some additional cost for some damage to one bike, it wasn't excessive. All in all a great experience and one I'll be repeating in the near future.

2  Thank Eoin G
Reviewed 4 August 2016

I visited here on a mountain biking excursion with friends. I had done a lot of road cycling but never any intense mountain biking, so I was worried. I need not have., Ballyhoura offers mountain biking paths for cyclists of all ability, and even the beginner trails offer an exhilarating thrill. The scenery that you manage to see in your peripheral vision as you zip on by is also fantastic. Well worth a visit.

3  Thank Keith W
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

One thing I did not not like was you have to pay €5 at the entrance only 5 coins.or you have to park up and walk in to get change instead of just getting a ticket and having a pay machine there.good. Walk and trails around the area.

3  Thank EoghanA
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

This is an amazing place for mountain bikers & walkers. Expert advise in the shop & helpful staff. Ireland needs more MTB trails like this as it will boost the tourism here. Kerry & Cork Mountains & beyond are a Mountain Bikers paradise if only more single track trails were put in. Investment into old walking trails as well can only benefit Ireland . Ballyhoura is stunning , just go there if you love MTB or walking .

2  Thank Christopher L