“Treking in Limerick”

Ballyhoura Walking Trails
Ranked #15 of 79 things to do in Limerick
More attraction details
Owner description: Ballyhoura Country is a walker's paradise offering spectacular walking in ancient and unspoilt landscapes. Whether your interests lie in short, easy walks or long distance walking, whether you prefer guided walks or to organise your walking independently; walkers of all abilities will be invigorated by the sheer beauty and tranquillity of the area. Walking through Ballyhoura Country offers plenty choice to walking enthusiasts, there are exciting nature walks, river bank walks, quiet country roads, the Ballyhoura Waymarked Way, rugged mountains, rich bogs, and mythical landscapes. For further information contact Ballyhoura Bears Walking Club.
Reviewed 14 September 2016

The Ballyhoura Way, a mixture or quite roads, forestry and mountain walks which include the counties of Limerick and Tipperary

2  Thank Pronsias M
"trees"
"picnic"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 24 August 2016

It was a long drive from limerick to ballyhoura. When we arrived we started walking later on we did the mountain walk I couldn't think of one complaint against ballyhoura

2  Thank Charlie N
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

I went here with my two teenage sons and we all agreed it was a challenging and exciting afternoon of mountain biking. The trails take you through some lovely country side while the tech loops give you that full on mountain biking experience that definitely isn't for the faint hearted. We rented the bikes on site from Trail Riders and even though we had some additional cost for some damage to one bike, it wasn't excessive. All in all a great experience and one I'll be repeating in the near future.

2  Thank eoing947
Reviewed 4 August 2016

I visited here on a mountain biking excursion with friends. I had done a lot of road cycling but never any intense mountain biking, so I was worried. I need not have., Ballyhoura offers mountain biking paths for cyclists of all ability, and even the beginner trails offer an exhilarating thrill. The scenery that you manage to see in your peripheral vision as you zip on by is also fantastic. Well worth a visit.

3  Thank Keith W