Absolute Hotel(Limerick)
Ballyhoura Hostel(Limerick)(Great Value!)
US$73
Agoda.com
US$83
All reviewsstayed herethe rivercity centresarsfield bridgenice barhotel is in a great locationnext morningfull irish breakfastlovely staffwould stay againhen partyhotel barsaturday nightchristineheatingpubs
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Oh boy, where does one even start. Firstly, I will give credit to the lovely ladies who work at the desk because they are quite friendly and very helpful suggesting various places to visit while in the city. However, the bed was by far the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on in my life with actual springs poking me the entire night so I pretty much sat in the chair and watched Big Bang Theory on my phone. Thank god for wifi and Netflix in situations like this. The hotel itself was dingy and old and as sketchy as the part of the city it was located in. I wish I did just a tad more research because this wouldn't have been a stop I would have made had I known but the castle is lovely. Every single door that you need to get through in this hotel requires you to dip your room key in order to gain access to the hotel, so okay, it's for safety reasons...but that is actually disconcerting. People in other parts of Ireland were shocked when I told them I was going to Limerick and I was hesitant but not nervous. I will tell you this, if you are reading my review about this hotel, skip it and Limerick all together.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lesley O
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

The hotel is in a brilliant location right in the centre of Limerick.
The room was pretty compact and the bed was like concrete, defo not my preference.
The windows let in every single noise outside.
I always wear earplugs to bed because i am such a light sleeper but even with them in i could hear guests having a full on conversation outside our room in the hallway at 3am.
There is parking available however it is tiny and i would not attempt it unless you were a very confident driver.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank carolyn r
Reviewed 20 February 2018

I booked for the free parking and location, however the accommodation was basic and in need of renovation. The rooms were small and booking months in advance requesting 2 rooms next to each other the best they could do was other end of the same floor. The lift didn't work and neither did the heating. The staff were lovely.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jaqi
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

This has to be the most central location for anyone who wants to visit the picturesque city of Limerick. On the bank of the River Shannon, the Pier Hotel is a 2 minute walk to the shopping centre and the short walk to King Johns castle is breathtaking.
There are some quality places to eat nearby and there are a couple of friendly bars next to the hotel, including the hotel bar where the staff have to get a special mention as they were so friendly. So whether it’s a scenic walk around to the castle, a shopping experience, choices of quality restaurants and cafes or, friendly pubs that you desire, this place is perfectly place. The breakfast breakfast was tasty and the portion perfectly set us up for the day.
Finally, the reception staff were a credit to the hotel and always ensured that we were looked after and comfortable.
Next time I am back n Limerick, I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2018

10 minutes walk from rail/bus station. Perfect location. Room lovely and beds comfortable. Bathroom good size. Staff really nice. Breakfast we had full Irish and it was good. Good beer in hotel bar. Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple