Railway Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Limerick
See available hotels
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Pery's Hotel(Limerick)
The Savoy Hotel(Limerick)
Absolute Hotel(Limerick)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 April 2016 via mobile

I decided to spend a weekend in Shannon and Limerick to explore the beautiful western Irish countryside. I wanted a room close to the city center of Limerick as well as to the churches, monuments and train station.

I selected the Railway Hotel due to its proximity to the central station. I was met at the door by a warm and friendly Irish staff person who attentively took great care of my needs. I stayed in an en suite room in the top floor and was pleasantly surprised by the comfort of the bed and the quality of the bedding. It is an older facility, but with the great help, fantastic Irish breakfast and ease of accommodation with everything I needed, this hotel provides honest, Irish value. I was able to park my car at a locked facility just around the corner from the hotel, which was very convenient. I stayed for three days, and would certainly come back.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
5  Thank Eurotraveler110
Reviewed 10 April 2016

I was upgraded from shared bathroom to an ensuite single room when I checked in. The room was mid-size for an individual and the bathroom was clean with good hot water. I peered at the shared bathroom and it looked a little dirty. The hotel is right across the street from the bus/train station. I didn't eat at the bar/restaurant downstairs. The WiFi is strong with good internet speed. Unfortunately you can only use it at reception/bar. You can store your luggage at reception after you check-out for free.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
5  Thank Clint K
Reviewed 21 March 2016

it has been a few years since i stayed in the railway hotel, and thankfully nothing has changed the staff are still friendly the food tastes lovely and the rooms are spotless my wife and i would like to thank everyone at the railway hotel for making our stay enjoyable the staff no matter how busy they are always find time to chat and share a laugh we enjoyed two night of comfort in the room, the tap had to be left run to get the hot water a minor detail the building is old and you have to expect that we have stayed in newly built hotels and go the same result,, we hopefully will return again soon thank you from Bill and Maria Todd

Room Tip: go for the character and stay for the home away from home feeling for four star treatment stay at a four star hotel
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank billy t
Reviewed 14 March 2016 via mobile

Nauseating! I don't even know where to start. The condition of this place is one above sleeping the street. The dirt, the noise, the drunks, no heat, no warm water or luke warm at best and did I mention dirt ? You want to safe money? Go sleep in your car, tent, park or stay awake. Don't go there. I am not even post the picture of what was on me as soon as turned off the lights but lets say that it made me run for the fences. Staff is sweet and tries to make up for what this place is lacking in hygiene but they just can't.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Eva M
Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

My friend and I got stuck here for a night during a bus layover. Not only did it cost us €30 apiece to use the room for five hours, but the room was tiny and didn't even have electricity! It was ridiculous. You would be better off pitching a tent and camping on the sidewalk outside of this hell hole.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends