Great National South Court Hotel
US$209
US$164
US$107
US$96
Woodfield House Hotel(Limerick)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$143
US$138
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
All reviewscurry housecream roomlifestyle suitean indian restaurantgastro pubcrescent shopping centrecarvery lunchtwo double bedspancake machinefamily roombar menustayed for one nightlast weekendshort stayrooms are spaciousenjoyable staycar park
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Stopped in with elderly parents. Spacious, lovely decor, excellent staff member Teresa welcoming and helpful. Teas coffees scones and toasted sandwiches all served with a smile and very tasty. Starbucks coffee!! Lots of parking.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 23,223
Dermot K, General Manager at Great National South Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Dear reviewer,
Thanks for your feedback and I'm glad you all enjoyed our food and hospitality.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Staff & Service provided is excellent. It is always a pleasure to visit the hotel for business meetings, staff events and of course I have also introduced some of my friends to the hotel - they also love it. It is very central to our work place and parking is a plus. Of course, the General Manager and Management are always there to greet and have the chat which is very welcoming.

Room Tip: Reception, Hall, The Curry House & Off The Bone all are excellent - the bedrooms would require updating to a more modern status, but other than that, it is always a pleasure to visit the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Dermot K, General Manager at Great National South Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Dear Lauraine,
Thanks for taking the time to review us.

We really appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again sometime soon.

Best Regards,
Dermot Kelly,
Executive General Manager.

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

When I arrived at the hotel I was asked personal details such as disclosing my age and the reason why I was booking the room. I was told by the receptionist that this was company policy. I was woken up several times during the night by staff in a staff room across from my bedroom. There was also no hot water in the shower. When I complained in the morning I was told I could wait until 9am to speak to the manager (I was on a work trip and started work at 7am) so I told them to email me. I was told by a different receptionist in the morning that I was asked personal details because they were ‘sussing’ me out. After not hearing anything all day I emailed the hotel and was told that there was nobody available to deal with my complaint.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank lucie R
Dermot K, General Manager at Great National South Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Dear Lucy,
I’m sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with your experience.

Notwithstanding the disturbance and shower issue – which I apologise for – we have a perfectly reasonable reason for the questions that were asked in conversation on check-in.

We have a duty of care to guests and, like many hotels, do not accept bookings for sole room occupants who are under the age of 18. Our receptionist was adhering to company policy in this respect as she was of the opinion that you appeared quite young - and the fact that your mother booked the room for you a few hours earlier!

In conversation, we regularly ask guests what brings them to the city – business or pleasure – which we find can be very helpful in assisting guests with directions, visitor discounts and so forth. There's nothing unusual about it - it’s common courtesy to our guests and meant with the best of intentions.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I went here with my family for Women's Little Christmas and what a great time we had.
We booked through Show Tours and we had 2 nights B&B two evening meals and two shows a Joe Dolan anniversary show on Friday and the American Drifters Saturday. Hotel staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for us, Rooms were spotless and very comfortable beds,Dinners on both nights were lovely and good choice, Breakfast was fabulous some thing for everyone waiting staff were brilliant at dinner and breakfast well done.this Hotel is 5min's from Cresent Shopping Center and 10min's from Limerick City.There is a Centra shop across the road and Take away as well if you didn't feel like eating in the Hotel.Definitely will return and could recommend this Hotel

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Dear margaret d,
We're very pleased to hear you enjoy the country weekend and thanks for recommending us!

We hope to run similar events in the future and would be delighted to welcome you back.

Best Regards

Reviewed 22 January 2018

The location is good, just of the main roads and easy to get to from Shannon airport. It does not give a welcoming feel and it needs something to bring it to a higher level. It has the infrastructure but at present it makes an average Bed and Breakfast. OK for the one night.
Breakfast room lacks warmth; it has the feel of a roadside cafe. The breakfast food is not attractive. It has the same ingredients as better hotels but is not well presented. Slightly cold. Overall the hotel appears to lack supervision or management. None visible on my stay.
Good value bar lunch and good barman in the evening.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if you are a light sleeper. One side faces on to a busy road. Take 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank speed99

Dear speed99,
We're sorry to hear your stay was less than satisfactory and we'll discuss the comments you raised with respect to our breakfast presentation.

I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed the value and service you received from our bar staff.

We're a three star hotel and are continuously making improvements to the quality of our product. I hope you'll give us a second chance at some stage in the future.

Best Regards