“Lovely homes in a rural setting”
other travellers have booked this property
Eco Natural Design
Bathroom
Living Room
Forest
Swans
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 64 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Lovely homes in a rural setting”
Reviewed 1 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

These homes are super. Although the location is quite remote, the cabins are very well set up (including satellite TV and Wi-Fi which we weren't expecting) and very spacious. We stayed as a family of 4 though the house we were in can easily accommodate 6 comfortably. There are a few playgrounds in the location and our kids (3 & 6) loved the days we spent here. That said, I think if the kids were a bit older we would have done some more local activities. We used the house mainly as a base to drive north to Limerick and environs.

There is a security deposit and electricity costs will be deducted from this (very transparent and you can keep an eye on your spend if you want to).

One tip though is to set your sat nav to look for Ballyorgan (the nearby village) - ours tried to put us in the neighbouring field to the holiday homes. Not that we had any issue though: John (owner) was on the lookout for us and made sure we got there safely.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Siobhan O
“Family holiday cancelled hours before arrival”
Reviewed 11 July 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

I booked this property through a voucher system. I had paid in full. It was a family holiday (our first in quite a while as we have 3 small children aged 2yrs, 5yrs and 7yrs).

Our children were very much looking forward to the holiday, as were we and had annual leave booked. The night before, with the car packed and the kids on the way to bed for an early night ready for departure the next morning, I received an email saying our stay was canceled. The email was sent at approx. 7pm the night before check in.

The email stated it was due to unforeseen circumstances.

I called the owner immediately in shock as we were due to leave first thing the next day. I had sent a few emails the days leading up to our arrival asking about check in time but none were responded to.

I was told I would be given a refund and a "Complimentary voucher will be mailed to you tomorrow" - this was in April 2017.

I received the refund. I had to spend 3hrs that night searching the internet looking for another family holiday as my children would have been so upset having packed their bags to be told they were going nowhere.

I have sent email after email to the owners and phone calls to enquire about our "Complimentary voucher" which we have not received 3 months later.

When you have children, planning holidays and the details of those holidays are paramount. We are stunned that a company that markets itself on its peaceful location, family friendly accommodation and promotes itself on its luxurious qualities can ignore basic customer service requirements.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Tazdel
Ballickmoyler, Ireland
“AMAZING!!!”
Reviewed 27 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

We spent 4 nights here with our 3 girls, aged 10,13,17. What a beautiful place to stay. The house was spotless and had all the mod cons you could possibly need. We met Mary and she is a wonderful woman, we discovered she hails not to far from our home town. Very helpful and friendly. We slept like babies the entire time we were there and it was a perfect spot to chill out and shut off for a while. We will most definitely be returning again soon. The girls really enjoyed their stay too. Loads of walks to do around the woods and other activities in short driving distance.

Flaker4
Dublin, Ireland
“What a Great place for a nice break”
Reviewed 1 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

Myself and the girls (5 of us total) spend 2 nights and in this lovely lovely place.

We arrived on Friday night and had a lovely welcome from John the man in charge. He had a warm welcome and showed us around the house. 3 bedrooms 3 on suit bathrooms. One double room and 2 rooms with 2 singles. Perfect for us 5 girls.
Lovely sitting room come kitchen.

When we arrived and dropped off our stuff and took the 20 minuets drive to Mitchelstown to go to the shop to stock up on food and drinks. When we got back to the Lodge it was well lit up for coming back to the house. Nice big space to park our cars and lovely walk into the house. Large sitting room came with working fire and TV. We were in love with the chairs.

The kitchen game with a fab cooker that I was in love with. We were able to make Pizzas on the Friday night and a lovely fry on the Saturday and Sunday morning. It was odd but there was no frying pan.

On Saturday we had a BBQ. Lovely set up outside but sadly no outside seat or table. This would of been a lovely touch but we didnt mind eating at the huge kitchen table as we laughed and chatted away.

On Saturday afternoon we took a lovely walk around the place. There is a lovely playground and I would be lying if I said we didnt take a go on the zip line. Great craic for young and old. We then took a lovely walk in the forest and had a look at the lovely views.

On Sunday Morning we were up (Not too early) and John arrived down at 11 to check all was ok and to wish we well as we traveled home.
I wish we could of stayed longer as I was really enjoying the lovely beds, Fab shower and the quite that was there. Far away from work life and any stress that might be going on. It was lovely to be away in the silence that was Ballyhoura.
I would really recommend this place to anyone who really wants to get away from it all. Easy to get to and just a lovely place. Lovely welcome and great dealings all round this is a great place for couples, Friends, Family or anyone who is up for a good time.
Perfect for the whole family.

amysherry...
Dublin, Ireland
“Ballyhoura Forest luxury home's”
Reviewed 8 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

Just home from spending the weekend in Ballyhoura Forest luxury Homes. We went down in a group of 6 children and 7 adults and every one of us loved it. I could not recommend it highly enough. Its an absolutely beautiful place. The homes are so spacious, clean and homely and have all you need appliance wise. John the owner was so friendly kind and welcoming. Every year myself and my family get together with my sisters and their families for a weekend away together. We have being doing this for a number of year and been to a lot of lovely places, this was the best by far. Although there is plenty to do and places to see close by, are children didnt want to leave the the site. They played from morning to night in the forest or down by the river or in the number of play areas and NEVER once asked for phones,tablet or to watch TV. Love love love this place will definitely be booking to stay again.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing