“Sunday Brunch”

Ranked #6 of 126 Restaurants in Drogheda
Price range: US$4 - US$34
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to West29 Restolounge, Winner of 'Best Place to Eat 2012 & 2014' at Drogheda Chamber Business Awards.Come on down for dinner and you'll find a stylish and vibrant restaurant setting awaiting you. West29 RestoLounge offers a stylish, fun and casually elegant dining experience that is bound to impress the most discerning of foodies, whether you choose to share from a wide selection of our sharing style offerings or enjoy individual entrees from a extensive variety of steaks, seafood & pastas......Yum!! We can cater for group bookings, christenings, weddings, business and family celebrations.
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

Had family brunch last Sunday in West 29.The menu was fab great choice for everyone.The food was brilliant.The staff were great very attentive and efficient. Definitely will be returning soon.Highly recommend West 29 for brunch.

1  Thank Mary M

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on aThursday night. It was very busy with a mixture of family celebrations & couples. We were shown to our table immediately & given a menu & a drink order was taken . Took order for food & when the starters came they were piping hot....as it should be! The main courses were very tasty & filling. I had Tapas & my friend had Chicken. We didn’t have room for dessert unfortunately..probably a good thing. The service and the food were excellent & I will definitely make a return visit .

westcourt, Manager at West29 RestoLounge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Hello clarethehare,

Thank you for choosing West29 on your recent night out and for taking the time to write such a great review. I will be sure to pass onto all the team. Let me know when you are planning a return and I will book you in.

-Barry Carter | Manager | barry@westcourt.ie | 0419830966

Reviewed 20 January 2018

We had a group booking made with West29 as a late Christmas Dinner.
I had the Ceasar Salad for starters, the salad part and the dressing was delicious but the bacon tasted like someones toenails - unchewable and tasteless.
The Thai Chicken Curry was fabulous! I cannot say enough about it, plenty of chicken, lots of curry just such a pity it was a small bowl of rice as I love rice!
The general staff were extremely nice and friendly but the head waiter was atrocious!! From the moment we came in he had a face on him like the back end of a donkey. When some of my group couldn't decide what they wanted from the menu and asked him to start with someone else he told them "No". When we were missing a bowl of sweet potato fries he told us they were on the table somewhere and to look for them. When we asked him to bring another bowl out as we couldn't find the sweet potato fries he went off in a huff and when he came back he basically said these were extra.

All in all I enjoyed my meal but if he is looking after my table again I will be asking for a different waiter instead.

2  Thank Karen G

Hello KaronaMarona1986,

Thank you for choosing West29 for your recent night out and thanks for taking the time to write your review. Happy to read that you enjoyed your food (I will look into the bacon).
Apologies for the bad service which you received, obviously not acceptable, if you could contact me about this, that would be great. Thanks again and I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Saturday night and the place was buzzing with a lively atmosphere enhanced by a friendly, welcoming, efficient service from all the staff.

I can't speak for my friend, but whilst I was very much impressed by the venue and the effortless professionalism of the staff, I was pretty disappointed with the food. I had the Chili Tiger Prawns to start, and they were served in a baking hot dish that had rendered them severely over-cooked and rather tasteless. Not ideal for an £8.50 starter.

I had the £24.95 Rib-eye Steak for my main; and whilst it was certainly a generous 10oz in size, the meat itself was a little sinewy and flavourless without the sauce provided as a side. The chips were strangely anaemic and the sauteed mushrooms appeared to have come out of a tin. Surely it can't be too much trouble to buy & prepare fresh mushrooms in a restaurant that presents itself as a quality venue?

I was wishing I'd ordered what my friend had (Rack of Lamb), as he said that it was excellent. He'd had the Calamari to start, and said that it was fresh rather than frozen, and that the batter was well made.

I was hoping to write a rave review on "a hidden gem", as we'd decided to visit Drogheda rather than make a trek into Dublin. Even more so given the previously mentioned excellent service we received from everyone at the front of house.

1  Thank SouthBucksMan

Thank you for dining with us and for taking the time to write your review.
Happy to read your nice comments about West29 and our staff. Disappointed to read your comments about the food. Perhaps you can send me and email so I can contact you to discuss. Thanks again and hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

myself and my husband ate here last night. we are not from drogheda so this was our first time in the restaurant. we had booked at 8 pm. the restaurant was fairly empty. another 4 tables of people I think. we ordered 2 carafes of wine. one red and one white. I didn't receive a cooler or ice bucket with my white wine wich should come automatically. we then received complimentary bread and butter and oil and balsamic vinegar. we ordered chicken wings and stuffed mushrooms for starters. the good was tasty and came out amazingly quickly. I don't even know how they cooked it so fast! the food was tasty but my mushrooms were a little lukewarm. in between courses we received a complimentary mini soup. another nice touch. for mains I had tuscan chicken pasta and my husband had Italian chicken. again food was quite nice. for dessert we had ice cream and cheese cake. all in all service was good and attentive. food was ok. but service was too quick. we had a three course meal finished in one hour and ten minutes. I assume because it was quiet they wanted us in and out so they could get home.

1  Thank Lisdoolovely

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to write your review.
I have noted your comments and will talk with the team. Apologies that you found the service too quick, we certainly would never want our customers to feel rushed or that we want them to leave.. If you are visiting again, please let me know.