The d Hotel
US$127
US$116
US$123
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$161/night.

US$137
Roseville Lodge B & B(Drogheda)(Great Value!)
US$93
Glenside Hotel(Drogheda)(Great Value!)
US$80
Spoon and the Stars(Drogheda)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$59
Orley House(Drogheda)
TripAdvisor
1,360 results
All reviewsthe rivershopping centresuperior roomgastro pubwm cairnesthe penthousemodern hotelscotch halllive musicgames roomtayto parkduty managerfree parkingwould highly recommend this hotelfriday nightweekend breakboth nights
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Just stayed in the d hotel with 3 kids.. Great value... Rooms very basic.. Very poor lighting.. Comfy beds.. Breakfast was good.. Dinner was terrible.. Would recommend it for being near attractions such as funtasia and tayto park.. Rooms cld do with a freshen up..

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Stayed on this Hotel for the first time for a quiet night away without the baby on a weeknight, so was really looking forward to the break, got a very good dinner inclusive deal from reservations, so we booked more rooms for friends on the same night, So the positives ; Hotel is very Modern ! If you like that style & I usually do, it's very minimal & ikea like, we stayed on a quiet night so were given a room with a balcony over looking most of the car park but river too...but still nice to have a balcony,would be lovely for a summer stay, bed was huge & very comfortable, Staff were very professional, hotel is basically attached to the shopping centre which is handy, its not a long walk to town and there is lots of pubs, restaurants and a lovely walk in Drogheda centre. best thing about the stay was our dinner, really really wonderful ! varied menu & very tasty.

Negative : personally & I will admit this is purely about a personal preference, I would not stay here for more than one night...although nothing wrong as such, we left feeling like it was as my title says...very average and for a 4 star Hotel I would have liked to feel a bit more wow ! for me the hotel is like an airport waiting lounge, a bit cold and too much ikea furniture, staff are professional but distant, not warm or friendly, going through the motions at best, on check in a €50 deposit was taken & we were told this would be refunded on check out, it hasn’t, although I am assured it will be, still surely this should be said at check in that it will be taken for some time ?! were both non smoking so knowing the D Hotel was non smoking was great, however as soon as we opened the door of the room the smell was overpowering, the room & all furniture stunk of smoke ! I just bought some air freshener in a nearby shop hoping that would help. The room itself was again very ikea, with funky chairs & lamps which were lovely but the walls were all cold white with one feature wall in a very dreary dark grey & carpet to match, everything else was white, not one bit of warm colour in the room, or a picture etc, bathroom aswell was very dreary, floor tiles seemed dirty but weren’t, obviously just needed a good shine, probably wouldn't even bother a business guest, we booked it as a romantic break, so for us I felt the room was very depressing & sterile, also for a room that was classed as superior I was surprised as there were at least 4 spots the carpet was stained, walls were badly marked where a little repaint was needed and the balcony had cigarette butts on it & needed some maintenance, the glass partitions were rusting very badly and peeling paint. As I said Dinner food was lovely, staff were visible but indifferent, not one smile or any sign of friendliness from our waiter, a little unsure if pushed on details of availability of a something on food or wine list !? eg : as he was walking away he asked the other server did they even do a type of wine even though its listed on their wine menu. We had a drink after our dinner in the “bar”, as there were 6 of us we had to pull these big awkward lumpy uncomfortable chairs to allow us all to sit together, bar is very “airport departures” as we were wanting to relax after our dinner but the chairs our uncomfortable with tiny low little tables, no music playing just a match that no one was watching on televisions on portable trollies, no separation in the room to allow for a group or even a couple to sit cosily or without feeling you are on top of the other customers, no atmosphere at all & really just an empty room with chairs in it, bar itself I felt was very expensive too as a glass of wine & a short & mixer came to just €14, for Drogheda I felt this was OTT, we decided to venture out and found lovely bars nearby.
No real effort goes into making the stay special for customers….not one manager could be seen while we were there, apart from the courtesy, barely wait for an answer how was your stay, no one spoke to us to enquire how our food, drinks, stay etc was so all in all it was average, with the exception of the food, credit to the chef’s for delicious & well presented food.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tigger s
Reviewed 12 February 2012

My husband and my two kids under the age of 3 have just come home from spending a fantastic weekend in the d. This hotel was so kiddie friendly, staff were extremely helpful and courteous and we felt very welcomed from the moment we checked in. We went on the kiddies stay and eat free package and would highly recommend this to any family thinking of going to this hotel. Food is top class and very good bar food meal deals. We will definitely return to this hotel again soon.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2012

stayed in the "d" last night. I am far from a light sleeper but I was woken 4 or 5 times during the night. every time a door was closed on my corridor the wall in my room vibrated. the bed was attachted to the wall which shook. the reason for the shaking was that the wall werent solid (not appropriate for a purpose built hotel) when i mentioned it to reception they seemed surprised. As i said, i am not a light sleeper so beleive that i am not the only guest to experience this issue.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Dillon79
Reviewed 29 January 2012

The hotel is quite modern for such a small town, very large rooms with quality furnishings. It's also got a nice riverfront restaurant with reasonably priced meals.

I'd definitely recommend looking online, they've got good deals for dinner + room.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo